Sure I'll do it! Sorry I can't. Oh, Okay then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure I'll do it! Sorry I can't. Oh, Okay then

Ugh, it was my wife's birthday yesterday. A *month* ago, my sister offered to babysit our two daughters so I could take my wife out to dinner with friends. We booked into a nice restaurant (one of the masterchef presenters owns it), and everything was great and I was really looking forward to it.

The day before, we got a text. "Sorry I can't babysit. I'm feeling run down and exhausted."

Now, I was feeling uncharitable towards her at this point, so simply responded with a text too - "Ok"

The major problem was that the other friends we'd usually ask to babysit were also coming out to dinner with us. Now, as it was my wife's birthday, I figured that she shouldn't be punished, so I said that I'd stay and mind the girls while she went out with our friends.

Half an hour before she left, we got another text - "Well, if you have the girls ready for bed, I can just come round and sit on the couch."

I responded. "No thanks, we've made other plans"

I hate that. She offered, we accepted. Great, we'd owe you a favour. But pulling out at the last minute does not just mean we don't owe you that favour anymore, it's now more of an anti-favour. We had to fuck up our plans to cover for you.

Gah, so bloody annoyed at her right now.

I don't blame you for being upset about it. I can't stand when people flake out on plans or promises they made.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
    X