Tronics Company (and other similar) ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tronics Company (and other similar) ads

Okay, these ads have been on the radio constantly now saying "Is your bad credit keeping you from getting a new laptop" (or any other moderate price item).
    Yes, I know laptops aren't cheap, but I have never had my modest credit get in the way of getting a laptop. How? Well, with all other mid priced (it's not a daily purchase, but it's not a only a couple of times a lifetime purchase either) items, I save up for them and then only buy what I can afford, how the hell does credit have to do with that? Oh yeah, that's right, they're targeting uneducated people who will actually believe these companies that you need credit and loans for smaller and smaller purchases.
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Not really any different in principle than "rent to own" for things like TVs and sofas, and that's been around forever.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

A crying shame is that in this capitalist world, we're allowed and encouraged to base our prosperity on future income. I don't mind the idea of taking out a mortgage as long as it can be repaid. I'd consider for major purchases, such as car or larger electrical goods, or maybe even genuine house improvements.

The rest? If I cannot save up the money now, I won't be able to pay it back.

Governments rely on credit as well, these days, borrowing huge swathes of cash and hoping future generations will make enough to pay it back.

Doesn't sound even reasonably sensible.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        Not really any different in principle than "rent to own" for things like TVs and sofas, and that's been around forever.
        i know, but at least they haven't been as heavily advertising... and Tronics Company in particular has been targeting the uneducated recently, with their "your bad credit isn't your fault" and "bad credit shouldn't stop you from getting a laptop"
        No, bad credit shouldn't stop you from getting a laptop, but not knowing how to live within your means should.
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
          The rest? If I cannot save up the money now, I won't be able to pay it back.
          For a lot of people, paying it back is actually a lot easier than saving it up.

Saving money can be hard. I'm terrible at it, as is the boyfriend. Neither of us is very good at not touching our saved up funds.

Paying back, however, becomes a bill, and neither of us have any difficulty saving up for bill payments.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

For me rent to own is something I do for the same reasons I avoid contracts.

Simply put I can start making payments right now I can have said item right now and then if at any point I can't continue making payments because I lost my job and food is more important then I return said item.

Saving up money is difficult because what is your budget for it?

Can you short yourself one month and make a little extra the next month?

When you have finally saved up the money will the item still be what you need or will it be obsolete?

If we are talking furniture or a car then yes those things will pretty much always be the same with minor differences. Computers like a laptop can be obsolete a lot quicker.

My current rent to own on my laptop means that I started paying it off in August and will finish paying it off next August.

For me not having a laptop means I am sitting at home twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to be time to go to sleep so I can wake up and go to work.

My free time would consist of staring at blank walls. That being said I think credit is a bad idea because even if they repossess your item because you could no longer make the payments you are still stuck for the bill.

I won't ever buy a house unless the price of said house is less than what I make in a year because I have seen what losing a house that the bank doesn't sell for more than you owe does to their credit and finances.

But that's just me.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Working...
            X