No announcement yet.

My stretch marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's also possible. With working out heavily, I gained an appetite of a man twice my size, and unfortunately, I have gotten into that habbit. I can out-eat my own father at dinner.

At the gym, I do 30-45 minutes of cardio, and roughly 30 minutes of weight lifting. More and more each time.

Then again, all body types are different and everyone holds fat in different places. No matter how bad I eat, my stomach stays relatively flat, with maybe only a few extra pounds added to make a small pooch. However, everything else gravitates immediately to my hips and thighs.

And some women are able to put on muscle quite easily, while others will just tone and get more of a sleek swimwear model look versus someone who is shorter and stumpier, who will get bigger arms and legs.

Comment

I am still doing everything again by the book and nothing is working.

I have not eaten much today apart from lunch, which was high-protein.
      I have been working out like crazy ALL day.

I go to check my waistband size and I see that by the clothing sizes, I am officially too small for all of my clothes.

I guess eating almost nothing is going to have to be the answer, I do not seem to be losing weight in any other way and that's the only way that anything WILL be achieved. Maybe I should've just looked at getting gastric lapbanding surgery: at least then I can drop four or five dress sizes.

Comment

I will start by saying that I am not a nutritionist, so I may be talking out of my ass...

Eating almost nothing may have the opposite effect of what you want. If you don't get enough calories, your body will think it's starving and will start to store fat as a type of survival mode. This is obviously not what a person who is trying to lose weight wants their body to do.

Also, I have heard that after beginning to exercise regularly after having not done so, it can take up to 6 weeks to actually start seeing real results while your body adjusts itself. Your first post wasn't even a month ago, so if you keep with healthy exercising and eating patterns, you should hopefully start seeing real change soon.

Someone who is more knowledgeable than I may refute or add to my comments of course. Just going by what I've been told in the past.

Comment

Not a nutritionist, but I did edit the book of one...

Starvation diets are generally the wrong way to lose weight and notably unhealthy. It's best to know how many calories you should be getting to maintain your proper weight and support the exercise you're getting and then spread those calories out as evenly over the day as you can.

You don't want to send your body into conservation mode, which slows the metabolism, lowers your overall energy, and makes your body more ready to store fat and less ready to burn it than if you were eating properly as noted above.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
            I have been working out like crazy ALL day.
            What are you doing for exercise?

I suspect you need to start strength training. If your muscles are atrophied, your metabolism will be in the toilet.

Don't waste your time with too much cardio. Cardio is not efficient for weight loss. Think of cardio as a muscle-building exercise for your heart - it's the most important muscle in your body, but it's not the only one. You need to build all the muscles in your body to achieve weight loss.

20 minutes of vigorous cardio every day is sufficient. By "vigorous", I mean that you shouldn't be able to hold a conversation during that time. After that, get off the treadmill/out of the pool/whatever, and go lift some heavy things. Squats, presses, deadlifts. Don't worry about getting fancy.

Comment

I remember first discovering stretch marks on my upper arms and love handles when I was a teenager, embarassed the hell out of me especially when I didn't know what the hell they were at first. Actually went to a doctor about it and she explained what it is, but also told me that even skinny people can have stretch marks. I've seen some myself, people who are skinny and have never had a weight problem, but sometimes the skin just stretches.

Everyone's body sucks under close inspection. That's why we do it with the lights off

Comment

Well, we may have figured out part of the problem behind why I'm still gaining despite my efforts to lose weight.

I may potentially have a thyroid problem.

Because somehow I will collapse on the bed after walking around a shopping centre for an hour at a very brisk pace, yet I can do fifteen laps in the pool fairly well. (I may stop at the end of each lap, but it's more for safety, ESPECIALLY if I'm doing backstroke)
                Last edited by fireheart17; 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I agree with Dr about the lights, and any guy who wants to do it in bright daylight shining in the room or with the lights on, can find someone else to fuck. If I'm not comfortable, not doing it.

Comment

Working...
                  X