Pushing your wishlist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
    That person would no longer be on my friend's list.

ETA: And those people make the rest of the people filling out gift registries look bad. I mean, it's one thing to have a registry for a wedding or a first baby shower. It's quite another to have one for your fourth child or your baby's 1st birthday or for your own birthday when you're a damn adult.
    I actually see no problem with the wishlists. It makes my life easier when I am looking for gifts for those people or for when people are looking for gifts for me.

Not everyone knows what everyone else likes. In my case I'm damn hard to shop for unless you are a geek as well. Something that the vast majority of my family is not.

So I have a wishlist on Amazon.

The difference is that I'm not shoving it into the faces of everyone on the Social Media networks when I update it. I only bring it up when secret Santa and other holiday gift exchanges come around or when a friend asks what to get me for my birthday I'll pass it on to them. It is also something that my family knows about and appreciates since they have no idea what to buy for a geek.

So it is not the wishlist that is the problem, but the people who do as the OP states and constantly harps on it over and over as if they were desperate for a present from the list.
    “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Working...
    X