God what a horrible person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God what a horrible person

Uhm guys he was fired almost 2 years ago let it go.

We used to have this coworker nice enough guy but not the best personal hygene in the world and made a lot of mistakes on the job. Like a lot.

The mistakes got him fired and the hygene got him spoken to.

I never said a bad word against him except frustration when one of his mistakes would cross my desk.

Other coworkers would mock him like hell behind his back. Okay I get it they don't like him they are children hopefully someday they will grow up.

What's annoying is they are still freaking doing it. The guy was fired 2 years ago and they are still cracking jokes and mocking him and he isn't even around anymore.

Does that seem nutty to anyone else? Am I the crazy one?

EDIT:

The bad things I said in frustration I said to myself and only to myself.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Depends how far it goes. We had one guy who was a nice enough person, but dumb as a box of rocks. Name of Dharmesh.

We have lots of racking from which pickers take orders, but above the height at which they can reach is the backstock, several layers of it, and we use reach trucks to get it down.

None of our training back then ever formally contained the comment, "Do not drive under a reach truck's forks as the reacher is getting stock down - it's dangerous" because people were clever enough to work this out on their own. It now does. For a good reason. We even name him as a salutary lesson to trainees as an example not to follow.

We didn't dislike him. We just were ... scared shitless by his unthinking attitudes. In short, it depends how nasty people are about the guy.

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

After two years im surprised anyone remembers him.

Comment

Two years is nothing. Our "dumb as a bag of rocks" employee has been gone for nearly a decade and we still tell tales of his legendary stupidity.

Of course, it only comes up when discussing how stupid someone can get, and he isn't brought up just to bag on him for the sake of bagging on him.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

See this guy never did anything massively stupid it was just things like issuing the wrong order type or having to ask support desk how to do things a lot. He had to go through training twice and the thing is he had a female counterpart also very nice but with good hygiene. I think it's the hygiene thing more than anything that people are harping on because they never talk about her and she made just as many mistakes.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

If you stink, you will be remembered.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

The same thing happens where I work.

There are just some people who are quite unforgettable.
              Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Meh, still bring up our messier former coworkers. You just can't see someone wear 5 gallons of mix(think someone doused in white paint from nose down) and ever forget it.

Comment

I still hear occasionally from my brother about a roommate he had in college (graduated 2001) who had a George Foreman grill. The guy used it regularly to cook turkey, and NEVER cleaned the thing. And to this day, my brother will not eat off one of those things.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

We do that at work all the time.

I still hear the same stories over and over from before I even worked there. And I regurgitate the same old stories to people who haven't yet heard about it.

Seriously, we all wonder where some of these people come from.

It may seem stupid, but we do remember the guy who wore Nitril gloves over his grounding device and wondered why he was always getting shocked, or the person who would laugh and argue with themselves and talk to their food at lunch, or the person who would fart and stink up the whole room so that everyone would walk away, or the person who would whine about not having money but drank it all away, or the person who took 6 months to train and they wouldn't fire them.

And the stinkies who still work there, we still joke that for Christmas, we are buying them deoderant and soap and a pack of gum.

Comment

Working...
                    X