That Airline Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    I never understood why people got on her so much because she wasn't perfect looking anymore. Now, she looks like any other woman her age, oh hell, STILL better, actually. She was never even fat or chubby.
    Well, I think it was more about her going batshit crazy than anything else. However, SHE'S the one that came out saying she was ashamed at how "fat" ( perfectly normal ) she was. Though I don't think it would have been much of an issue if the performance in question wasn't so embarrassingly bad too.

And I never understood the flack Kelly Clarkson gets, either. At her absolute worst, she's still not even chubby. She has a fat face.
    I had to Google her >.> and it looks like she fluctuates by a rather noticable amount ( Though she certainly doesn't come anywhere near close to morbid obesity or anything ). Which is probably the issue. Heck, probably the issue with both cases. I'm not sure its so much "Ew, fat" as "This is not what Brittney/Kelly is suppose to look like, who is this person?".

I think its a matter of changing the image away from the idealized version of you your fans have. Thus losing the "magic" of you and becoming mundane just like them.

And you can lift all the weights you want, those arms will never, ever be as skinny as you'd like.
    I would venture that should be cardio more than weights. But I know what you mean about that body/arm type. Some women just seem to have it and thats that. Genetics has no mercy. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      But I know what you mean about that body/arm type. Some women just seem to have it and thats that. Genetics has no mercy. -.-
      Arm wattles. They're a curse and there's nothing that you can do to get rid of them, short of having chunks of flesh surgically removed. >_<

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've been able to tone mine decently in the tricep and bicep, but I will always have that "Fat arm" look, no matter how much I walk flaring my arms or doing arm circles or lifting weights. Yes, I curse my mother's side of the family. We're a bunch of short, curvy girls otherwise skinny but with very round faces and very large upper arms.

Comment

I've been able to tone mine decently in the tricep and bicep, but I will always have that "Fat arm" look, no matter how much I walk flaring my arms or doing arm circles or lifting weights. Yes, I curse my mother's side of the family. We're a bunch of short, curvy girls otherwise skinny but with very round faces and very large upper arms.
          For me, it's the hips. The women on my mom's side of the family have wide hips. The rest of me comes from spina bifida, honestly. My arm span is a little over five feet, which is how tall I'm supposed to be. Instead, I'm a foot shorter. XD Short legs, short torso because of my scoliosis, etc.

Comment

*hugs*

I'm sure you're just fine. Everyone is their own biggest critic.

Edit to add: I've found a lot of ways to "tweek" my looks to make myself appear taller overall and slimmer in the face. I grow my hair as long as I can without it getting too nasty or unhealthy (unfortunately, trims aren't always enough and every couple of years I gotta hack a good 4 inches or more off and that's depressing. I try to always keep it at least shoulder length but preferably longer), never wear blush on my cheeks, keep my hair as straight as possible. I also wear shirts a little too long for me and pants an inseam a little too long, with big shoes to make me look taller. Of course, I have to keep it flat and simple at work, so that's something I just have to put up with, but on my days off I can easily look like I'm 5'6. Winter helps because I have to wear longer sleeved shirts.
            Last edited by blas87; 01-23-2012, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X