We are better than them because....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are better than them because....

I hate when Store A comes onto the scene and offers you a service that saves you time and trouble a service that means you spend less time having to go the store.

Store B seeking to compete with Store A starts offering the same service but with less perks and higher cost.

Store B to then try and get more of Store A's business then says, "Hey now along with the service that both they and we offer now we offer this new Service 22"

Service 22 being the old way of doing things that meant you spent a lot of time in the store but now your supposed to be grateful because Store A won't do that for you.

Meanwhile I am thinking "No duh because not having to do that is why Store A got my business in the first place"

I see that a lot where one business offers a convenience then another offers the same convenience but only until your back with them then they try to push the inconvenient way.

It's BS yet people fall for it.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

"The inconvenient way" often is either more convenient or more flexible in some instances or for some people. So having a place that does both is a good thing.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      So having a place that does both is a good thing.
      Yes and no. The only reason they do both is because the other place exists. They offer the service but have not made it competitive or at all better than the other. In addition if the other company went out of business they would stop doing it.

They have been offering both for a few years now and they still suck at it.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Well, you know, the description was so vague to begin with... I was thinking of something like Amazon vs. Barnes & Noble. Amazon is better if you're ordering online anyway, but it *is* nice having a physical location.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
          Well, you know, the description was so vague to begin with... I was thinking of something like Amazon vs. Barnes & Noble. Amazon is better if you're ordering online anyway, but it *is* nice having a physical location.
          I was trying not to be specific because it is an actual situation.

There is a company that in their advertising claim they are cheaper than an other company that offers the same service.

The company that says so is lying. Not bending the truth but is flat out lying.

The lying company can't even offer the service as well. It screws it up and tries to explain that they offer the old way of doing things as part of the service while ignoring the fact that not wanting to do things the old way is why the other company has customers at all.

The lying company offers the service to try and lure customers from other company and then tries to strongly encourage customers do things the old way to justify their costs. They spend more money trying to do things the old way than trying to improve on the service developed by other company or even get their own service up to par.

I apologize that I am not being specific as this is a public forum and I do not wish to bring any unwarranted lawsuits upon this site if lying company were to take issue with what I say.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Working...
          X