Get Off That Cross Of Yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Off That Cross Of Yours

I'm so sorry for the inappropriate reference.

I hate people who seem to make a mental inventory or list of everything they've ever done for you (helped you pick up a new tire when you had a flat, brought your forgotten lunch to work for you, etc), seemingly so that any time you get into a disagreement or argument or things get tense.....they can throw it all back in your face. Even if they don't flat out say "Look at what all I do for you!", they seem to infer it at the heat of the moment.

As the title says, get off the cross already. I am the type of person who is NOT bossy. I never, ever, ever, ever, ever MADE anyone do ANY THING. I ask. Sometimes I beg. I never demand. Anyone who does something nice for me will always get a thank you, or usually a nice deed back. But I will never, ever take emotional blackmail like this seriously.

If you choose to do something for someone, that's nice. Always nice. If you give that person a ride to work every day (this is not the situation, just an example), and they never ever demand it or say you NEED to, you just choose to so they don't have to ask anyone else, you'd better not store that for when you get upset with that person just to throw it back at them.

My situation at hand is simply that I'm "not there enough" for someone. Well, no shit. I have the pratically opposite life of everyone else. I TRY to be available on my time off to chat with people, if it's urgent, I have no issue with a text or call when I'm sleeping during the week. HOWEVER, I cannot and will not change my schedule around just to make extra time for you, when I have already dedicated those times to running errands, working extra hours, or plans with family and other friends. I will not sit around the house waiting for you to contact me. If you want to get mad that I didn't get back from the bank until 5 minutes before your shift started and didn't get to chat, don't throw it back at me that you stay up until 1:30 am to talk to me on the phone on my breaks at work. I NEVER SAID you have to.

The title immediately brought this scene to mind.

00:39 is when the magic happens.

Comment

Now I know where that sample came from.
      I got a christmas CD from a guy I sometimes supplied random vocals for, he used to do an anti christmas disc each year, one track was that looped over and over, then at the end some quote or another I supplied him.

Comment

My computer doesn't handle videos too well right now. I'm still waiting for a coworker to get time to wipe my computer clean of all of its stds and viruses and whatnot.

My little brother's girlfriend apparently manipulated this weekend around her simply because Sunday was off limits, because it usually is family day, but not only that, we were celebrating my brother's birthday early, and he wanted me specifically to make him a cake and whatnot and just the family was going out to supper.

I can see her just flying off the handle with a list of everything she's ever bought him or done for him just because he said no to something.

As of now, he's more than looking forward to having to go across the pond for work soon. And he will not be buying anything to upgrade his phone so it will work in Europe.

Comment

Working...
        X