No announcement yet.

Quips and Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, there's nothing like people who think that every single interaction they have with someone else is a comedy club audition. I've dealt with my share of them.

Comment

And people wonder why Im an introvert.

Comment

Haha. The guilty party is actually quite the introvert with the absolute.....most pathetic attempts at humor. I should feel pity more than frustration. But damn.

And today I was trying to tell a story to some coworkers on break about all the crap I left at my parents' house, and that I needed to remember to pick up the mail when I get home because I've been forgetting to check it. (We were on the subject of W2s and whatnot).

This person quipped in, literally, after every line, with some joke or question, just like my OP, though this time more "zingers" and less questions. And soon........no one at the table knew what I was trying to say anymore, and the others started asking questions (which I didn't mind because the other idiot's funny little one liners got everything all confusing!!!), and then they all just gave up.

All because someone HAD to try to be funny, they ruined a normal conversation. Like most conversations, they ruin them because they have to insert something in between sentences, like some stupid joke or something.

Comment

Working...
        X