family drama again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family drama again

I'd hoped this situation would not come up for awhile yet, but this morning, my daughter mentioned something about regretting that she didnt see her father much when she was little (not that she does now), and to some degree she was kind of blaming me for that. (Apparently Jeremy told her that when he did call, I or one of my family members would immediately bring up child support)

And while I can see where Heather is coming from with this, it's also very difficult to explain that Jeremy chose not to be involved, and that he'd always blamed this on myself and my family. It's also hard to explain the following:

- back then, Jeremy was NOT reliable. There were many times when he'd say he was going to stop by, but would never show up, and he'd get bent out of shape when I had issues with that.

- he never told me that his financial situation was bad, just got really snarky about the idea of helping out with money.

- Jeremy also had (and still does, to some degree) a "trailer trash" sort of lifestyle which I did NOT want Heather to be exposed to until she was old enough to understand that it wasn't necessarily a good idea to copy him.

- he had no respect for me, and I did not want Heather to be exposed to that, and thus get the idea that it was okay to treat me the same way.
    Last edited by KellyHabersham; 01-30-2012, 01:55 PM.
Working...
X