Overzealous apple users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    I obviously view my time as rather more valuable than you view yours.
    Whats that suppost to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      I'm pretty sure they didn't have lithium ion batteries in common use 50 years ago.
      The "modern" Lithium-ion battery is 27 years old and it was originally invented 33 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Iseeyouthere View Post
        Whats that suppost to mean?
        Just what it says.

I can do my look-ups while I'm out and about while you wait until you get home, then do your look-ups (if you even remember), spending time that I'm using to move on to new stuff.

That's what devices of convenience are all about: saving time.

They don't always work out that way, but that is the goal.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
          The "modern" Lithium-ion battery is 27 years old and it was originally invented 33 years ago.
          Wonderful. But they weren't practical for common use then, or laptops wouldn't have been using nickel cadmium in the 90's.

Which, yes, is more than ten years ago.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Since becoming a chat agent at the call centre I've noticed how many people break their iPhones. Before this I only dealt with Android based phones. I'd have to say at least 75% of all iPhone users I chat with have done something to break their phone. I rarely get an Android or even just a regular mobile user who has a damaged phone. They also tend to act more entitled than people with different brands. Because they have the all mighty Apple mobile they deserve to have it replaced for free when they do something to shatter their screen.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRoseSpiral View Post
              They also tend to act more entitled than people with different brands. Because they have the all mighty Apple mobile they deserve to have it replaced for free when they do something to shatter their screen.
              So, that would be iEntitlement?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Just what it says.

I can do my look-ups while I'm out and about while you wait until you get home, then do your look-ups (if you even remember), spending time that I'm using to move on to new stuff.

That's what devices of convenience are all about: saving time.

They don't always work out that way, but that is the goal.

^-.-^
                The time it takes to look up something while you are out is the same as me looking it up when I get home.

I don't see it saving time... just looking at the info AT different times.

Comment

So, that would be iEntitlement?

^-.-^
                  Why do I have a feeling Apple already trademarked that?

Comment

Originally posted by Iseeyouthere View Post
                    The time it takes to look up something while you are out is the same as me looking it up when I get home.

I don't see it saving time... just looking at the info AT different times.
                    As I said, you value your time differently. There's nothing wrong with that.

As for me, I spend more than enough time away from my computer doing nothing but waiting that having a smart phone makes me able to be productive with otherwise unproductive time.

^-.-^

Comment

And here is me waiting for you to say something on the lines of "well I'm on the bus or some shopping centre replying to this now, instead of when I get home."

I read fratching on my phone, but I have not logged in to reply (mostly cos I can't remember my password and as I'm not logged out from here it's not an issue), If I was using a tablet or netbook it would be a different story, I can't see myself typing up a wall of text multiquote reply on a phone no matter how 'smart' cos they have too small a virtual keyboard (least the ones I tried)

Comment

As for me, I spend more than enough time away from my computer doing nothing but waiting that having a smart phone makes me able to be productive with otherwise unproductive time.
                        I absolutely could not agree more!

Yesterday, while waiting for an appointment, my smart phone allowed me to pay my credit card bill, respond to a few work e-mails, and buy a pair of sandals for my upcoming vacation. It took about 15 minutes - 15 minutes which would otherwise have been wasted flipping through a 1998 copy of Reader's Digest.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                          Yesterday, while waiting for an appointment, my smart phone allowed me to pay my credit card bill, respond to a few work e-mails, and buy a pair of sandals for my upcoming vacation. It took about 15 minutes - 15 minutes which would otherwise have been wasted flipping through a 1998 copy of Reader's Digest.
                          I tend to waste my time by playing games such as Fruit Slice and Robotek on my phone. (I own an Android)

Although when I have the space, I am going to put Evernote on there, so I can review my notes from uni whenever I go to an appointment of some sort. (it'll also be my "cheat sheet" for later on when I do my teaching placement)

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                            Wonderful. But they weren't practical for common use then, or laptops wouldn't have been using nickel cadmium in the 90's.

Which, yes, is more than ten years ago.
                            I won't argue that. Also It's true that battery technology has been optimized over the years, but the tech is still pretty old and does need a new option to cover more modern devices. At current it's sacrifices made to the components to extend battery life as opposed to improving the battery.

A car engine is similar in this respect, you can tweak it to make it work better as much as you can, but there is a limit before you have to start upgrading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                              And here is me waiting for you to say something on the lines of "well I'm on the bus or some shopping centre replying to this now, instead of when I get home."
                              I actually have made replies on Fratching while out and about. The last time I can recall was while waiting for a table at Red Lobster.

^-.-^

Comment

Red Lobster?

DELICIOUS!

I intend to get an iPad of either the current or last generation when the next one comes out. I know what I want it for (being able to store and read D&D books on a nice big screen for time at D&D camp) so I SHOULD be able to chill.

I won't be able to get a smartphone until sometime next year, though, I can't get it insured through Verizon 'cause I keep losing phones.
                                "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                                ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
                                X