Kindler Gentler Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindler Gentler Military

In multiple briefings for the AF I have been told our purpose is to break shit and kill people with big ass bombs. In some way or another all members help with this task, however we have to also be overly sensitive to the feelings of others, to a point that Zero Tolerance leads to more briefings after a few incidents, but really what ever happened to having a little bit of thick skin. I mean really if I go down range with some of these people and they too worried about being offended instead of doing the mission it likely to get me killed.

When I did logistics as a DoD civilian, they said that my job was basically to "help people kill people". It was kinda ridiculous.

Every month when I was in Afghanistan, we had to have something about EO or some other crap. Like we didn't have important shit to do.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

When I was in the Army the "Kinder gentler" part was for the civilians that wanted to have a picnic while watching the first battle of the Civil War.

EO is important though. Some people get screwed. People get passed over for promotions and screwed over because of a difference in beliefs, race etc.

No people shouldn't be worried about being offended but there is a difference between being offended and being discriminated against. Hard to go career if you keep getting passed over, harassed and penalized for believing in a Goddess instead of a God.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Working...
      X