TBL Attitudes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBL Attitudes

Was watching The Biggest Loser last night, and for anyone not currently watching, two people joined up a month into it. Immediately, dude Adrian is disliked by the team. Ok, no one is expecting them to like him.

But I saw this nasty attitude from the rest of his team that I have experienced often in my life, and it drove my nuts. It was basically this:

Random Teammate: Adrian, you suck.

Adrian: No I don't.

Random Teammate #2: Adrian shut up! You talk too much. This isn't the right time.

Sure, towards the end of his second week he started to lose it a little, but can you blame him? Obviously he gets a bit hostile and attitude-y when everyone's been nitpicking him all week.

I hate it when people do that shit! The team should've been jumping down the throat of the bitch who started all of it. The one going around spreading rumors and constantly whispering in people's ears. The one creating the drama. But no no, it's not the bully, it's the victim.

It's a TV show with producers who will fabricate drama if none develops on its own, and who will encourage any that does crop up. That's the way all of these reality shows work.

Which is one of many reasons why I refuse to watch them.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Keep in mind that it's also heavily edited. The sample conversation above might be essentially genuine, or the "you suck" and "you talk too much" comments might have been justified (if still rude) by things the audience doesn't see.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I remember the first year of big brother in the UK 'Nasty' Nick was shit stiring and blatantly vote swaying, even though BB voice overs oftimes said it was against house rules to do such things, he was never kicked out for it as it 'made for good TV' it was only when someone else found pens and paper (contraband in the house) and other incriminating evidence was he kicked out by the house members themselves.
        One was probably called to the diary room and told to look somewhere for something task related, but we the viewing audience didn't find out about it.

Comment

I actually considered that there might have been some heavy duty editing going on, but...we'll never know, right? I'm just going with what I've been given. And it's not even so much the show as it was a reminder of real life.

I HATE that mentality so much and I don't know where the fuck it ever came from. Someone attacks you, either verbally or physically, you speak up for yourself, you're the bad guy. Then someone says "You always have a choice!" Sure, you can choose to not fight back, and get the living shit kicked out of you or even die. Sure, you can choose not to defend yourself against accusations. All that will happen is everyone will assume you're guilty because you're not denying it.

God help the teacher who ever punishes my kids like that. "Yes little Jeffrey was being pounded on by 6 other kids. He started to fight back so obviously, I suspended him."

Comment

Working...
          X