Knowing everything about something, except the name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowing everything about something, except the name

I hate it when this happens. I will remember details about a book, a movie, or in this case, a computer game I used to play when I was a kid, to the point of being able to tell you what it was about, the character names, etc. But the name is always the part that escapes me. And then I spend at least the next 12 hours obsessing and pondering over it until either someone tells me what the name was or I accidentally stumble upon it.

(And, ftr, I did look on both Google and Wiki and nothing really jumps out at me)
    Last edited by firecat88; 02-11-2012, 12:25 AM.

Yeah, the only good thing about it is that it happens to too many people too often for it to be dangerous :

Worse is when you describe it to someone and they tell you the name... then some time later you not only forgot the name, but that you'd been told it. I've had that, for example, with a video game I now finally can remember is called Qix.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I don't know this for a fact but you might be able to look it up here. It's a great place to look up films you can't remember the name of and I know they list some video games.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
      X