Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oversharing on Facebook...

...about your relationship.

So, a friend of mine is in Kyoto this year doing research for her dissertation and had to leave behind her fiance. He finally managed to save up money and secure affordable plane tickets to visit. So, I understand that she's excited to see him for the first time in almost 6 months. I also understand the excitement of trying out the 'love hotels' they have in Japan. (Basically, hotels you can rent by the hour, if you know what I mean.) I can even see taking a few pictures of the room and sending them to a select few friends. The karaoke set up was pretty amusing.

However, for the love of God, I did not need to see a picture of the bed 'post-coitus' or close-up pictures of the dildo menu on my Facebook feed this morning. I mean, really? She only made the album available for a few friends...but that's just going too far, IMO.

*nods* I think that's a case of knowing your audience. I have some friends that would be amused by that and others that would wonder WTF is wrong with you.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Holy shit. The only thing more disturbing than *that* is the fact that you likely were subjected to it before coffee (or your caffienated beverage of choice).

Kidding aside, though - WTF? Why would anyone think that's okay? Perhaps I'm becoming a prude in my old age, but I can't even imagine *taking* pics like that, let alone sharing them with anyone (even my best friend) on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
        Kidding aside, though - WTF? Why would anyone think that's okay? Perhaps I'm becoming a prude in my old age, but I can't even imagine *taking* pics like that, let alone sharing them with anyone (even my best friend) on FB.
        The sheets yeah wouldn't care personally wouldn't bother me but I wouldn't get a kick out of seeing them. However seeing a hotel with a "Dildo Menu" would amuse me to no end.

That's why I say it's about knowing your audience honestly seems more the kind of thing to email to those select friends that you know would be amused rather than subjecting all of your friends to it.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

At least she didn't take pics mid-coitus.
          "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Ugh, thank God, although I wouldn't be surprised if she did. She's a forty-something who just left her husband for the twenty-something dude she'd been having an affair with for over a year. And since coming clean about all that...let's just say I know a lot more about their relationship and his anatomy than I'd really like.

Comment

Well, if I were that age and snagged a guy that young, I'd probably make a video of it.

But I'm shameless and gross that way. I'll be lucky if I can stay attractive past 30.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                Well, if I were that age and snagged a guy that young, I'd probably make a video of it.

But I'm shameless and gross that way. I'll be lucky if I can stay attractive past 30.
                blas - future cougar
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Already on my way. My boyfriend looks like he's barely 20, even though he's only a little younger than me.

I swear everyone probably thinks I'm dating someone who just graduated high school. Oh well, that's ok with me.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                    Ugh, thank God, although I wouldn't be surprised if she did. She's a forty-something who just left her husband for the twenty-something dude she'd been having an affair with for over a year. And since coming clean about all that...let's just say I know a lot more about their relationship and his anatomy than I'd really like.
                    So...is it bigger than a baby's arm?

Comment

Working...
                    X