Withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrawals

I've noticed a trend lately in drug withdrawals. I know some people going through it, and myself today I'm doing some nicotine detoxing, so I'm cranky as fuck.

The thing is..don't people understand that drug withdrawal is PAINFUL and IRRITATING? Yes yes, it's all my fault I'm hooked. Doesn't mean it's easy, and it seems like the same people who would want someone to quit are the ones who like to push their buttons.

So let me offer some advice. Do you have a loved one who is currently trying to get off drugs? Nicotine, caffeine, heroine or coke, I don't care. Drugs are drugs and they suck. Especially to quit. So when your husband is trying his damndest to both not have a drink, and not to bash your face in, that is NOT a good time to nag him about leaving the toilet seat up.

Oh, your son is trying to go off vicodin? Awesome! But guess what, those first three days he's going to be in a LOT of pain. That is not a good time to lecture him about cleaning up after himself.

Seriously, some people are stupid. It's cases like that when I see a black eye and think "Bitch deserved it."

I agree. The first few days to a week must suck immensely. I feel that anyone who thinks that the person is not doing enough, is not doing it quickly enough, or is 'putting it on', is an insensitive prick.

I've never been in the drugs or heavy drinking crowd, but I know folk who do know some in the latter. I don't think that the argument 'you did it to yerself!' should hold water - the fact remains they are trying to fix that, and sneering at them is counterproductive and unhelpful, perhaps even to the point of making them give up giving up because they feel they have no support amongst their peers.

Comment

I agree. I have quit smoking a number of times and it is hard. Most people just expect that you will quit but still be exactly the same as when you were smoking. Many of my failures have been after arguments with friends or family. They just do not understand how terrible I am feeling and ignore repeated requests to give me some space.

Comment

What was funny was, when I got hypnotized, I had NO cravings and no withdrawals. I didn't even miss smoking. I even went through a couple of weeks at work with all the looney tunes and didn't feel a need to smoke.

Then, my last boyfriend pissed me off. And it was off to the gas station I went. I smoked one, threw the pack far under the bed, hoping I'd forget it. Nope, hooked again. I got the strength to move the whole damn bed to get those smokes.

Comment

Working...
        X