Dude we are such rebels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude we are such rebels

No no your not. Seriously can we stop pushing the "Rebels" label because 20 years ago you were a very small percentage of the population.

90% of the people I know that are within ten years of my age on either side of me have tattoos. I know more people with them than without them. I see tattoo shops just about every where I go and tattoos are very main stream so can you please for the love of god stop telling me how damn rebellious you are.

I have no tattoos because honestly if I want something that looks cool that I will tire of within a few years I will get a poster. If I get tattoos they will mean something.

You realize that makes me more of a "rebel" than you. So stop claiming to be a freaking rebel.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Anyone who gets body mods for the sole purpose of showing off how non-conformist they are is a poser.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      Anyone who gets body mods for the sole purpose of showing off how non-conformist they are is a poser.

^-.-^
      Some of the people I am talking about get body mods because they legitimately want body mods but they still bitch "Society doesn't get me they just don't get it they just see this rebel"

To which I am like, "Uhm dude 90% of our coworkers and bosses have Body Mods"
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

I wasn't aware anyone within the last decade still considered tattoos "rebellious". >.>

Comment

In college I considered getting a nose ring to be different...then I looked around and saw every other girl who walked by had one.

I have no body mods. At all (unless you count the veneers on my teeth). Not even earrings. I figure this makes me a rebel.

Comment

Anymore now, I think being NON-contrarian could probably make you a rebel.

We seem to have this large handful of people who want to snub anything that a large amount of other people like, so maybe just doing what was initially thought of as "popular" or "following the herd" could make you rebellious.

I think I know what I have to do if I want to be rebellious in this day and age.

I'm not going to get any tattoos or piercings.

I'm going to celebrate popular holidays like Valentine's Day and Thanksgiving, regardless of how "commercial" they are.

I'm going to buy my groceries and household items at chain stores like Wal-Mart, Giant Eagle, Target, CVS, and Kroger.

I'm going to enjoy food from chain restaurants like Applebees, Olive Garden, O Charley's, Subway, Wendy's, and yes, even the evil MCDONALD'S!"

I'm going to drink sodas like Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Ginger Ale.

I'm not going to eat organic foods.

I'm not going to buy those huge bottles of overpriced water from trendy shops like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods and then make it a point to carry one around in public and drink from it just so everyone can see how health conscious I am by drinking my "electrolyte enhanced water" (I wonder how many of these people actually know what an "electrolyte" is. And while I'm adding comments in parentheses, I happen to know that at least one person I know who does this chows down on pizza from places like Dominos whenever she gets the chance)

I'm going to eat processed foods.

And while I do all this, I'm going to emit my rebel yell and tell society I'm not taking it anymore.

Comment

Is Thanksgiving commercial? I mean, the holiday basically consists of "let's get everyone together and eat all we can hold." No gift-giving, very little in the way of decoration. It's as nearly uncommercial as a major modern holiday in this country can be.

That stores ramp up their efforts for a different holiday the next day doesn't really count.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                We seem to have this large handful of people who want to snub anything that a large amount of other people like, so maybe just doing what was initially thought of as "popular" or "following the herd" could make you rebellious.
                This is part of why Lady Gaga does pop music; because all her contemporaries sneered at pop as being too mainstream.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                  I have no tattoos because honestly if I want something that looks cool that I will tire of within a few years I will get a poster. If I get tattoos they will mean something.
                  Marry me.

This right here is something I've seen again and again. Middle class white kids with "Thug" written in script across their abs, giggly girls with stupid shit like "this end up" on their ass or "Like, this little butterfly just CALLED to me because I'm like, a kitty pillar waiting to emerge from cocoon and stuff"

Comment

I can tell which of the people in the eBay crew at my workplace are going to regret their tattoos when they get older. They're the ones who follow all of the latest lame fashions (sagging skinny jeans? really??) and they're the ones that are going to hit their 30's and realize that their ink has no meaning except for following a trend. Meanwhile, the two guys who are working on having works of art added to their bodies are going to still be adding new flourishes as the years go by.

^-.-^

Comment

I was telling some friends about the restaurants I'm looking forward to going to once I move closer to home in May: Colton's, O'Charley's, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc. "Those are all chain restaurants!!" "I know!" REBEL!!!

Comment

I'm such a conformist, then.

If I had the money, I'd live along the tram route that goes down a particular street in my city that has all the 'fringe' restaurants and stuff. Absolutely delicious.

Also some delightfully offbeat bookstores, and .. well. You get the idea.

Comment

I LOVE being a sheep!

I love having my TV stuck on the E! channel, and watching trash reality like Teen Mom on MTV.

I love eating at McDonalds every Friday, and eating at Olive Garden or Red Lobster or Crapplebees every chance I can, and going to see the same movies everyone else wants to see!

I shop at Old Navy and American Eagle. The horror, I only shop "vintage" second-hand for work clothes.

And the only "organic" and "earth friendly" groceries I buy are for my workout supplements.

And yes, I have the same tattoos every other girl has, and I don't even care.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post

I shop at Old Navy and American Eagle. The horror, I only shop "vintage" second-hand for work clothes.
                            Hmmm I buy American eagle jeans at second hand stores, because they are actually well made and don't fall apart, and actually fit me. Well AE and the Gap, I look for both.
                            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I have pretty good luck with AE jeans. Can't afford them as often as I want, but they usually last long enough where I don't have to worry too much.

Other brands of jeans, I cannot say the same. Easily, within 10 or less wearings, the butt pockets start getting holes on the sides.

Comment

Working...
                              X