Election years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election years

This is not about the issues, the candidates or anything else like that take that over to Politics.

No this is about my hatred of how people get. I understand that we have different view points and my idea of who, what, or how should get voted for.

I may think our taxes need to go up to pay for healthier meals in schools you may think we need better food education.

The thing is could you please stop taking it so personally? Stop getting mad that I have a different POV on the issue than you. Stop treating me like I just pulled off a mask to reveal I am really Stalin and you snoopy kids with your dog just caught me dang nabbit!

I am not your enemy I am your friend. We have shared pizza, moved couches, partied together etc. Try to remember that after all the election year hoopla has passed I will still be the person you sat down to play Mario Kart with and that maybe getting angry with me or even cutting me out of your life because I dared to think for myself might be an over reaction that you can't recover from.

Remember only you can prevent flame wars.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Have there been any flame wars here lately?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      Have there been any flame wars here lately?
      Wasn't about here. It was actually about real life friends of mine. Some whom have started flame wars with me because I had a different opinion and I respectfully stated my position.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

I have a co-irker who gets all flamey when it's pointed out that she's a blithering idiot, even if you do so in the most polite manner possible. She just can't handle the idea of being wrong, and she's wrong excessively often.

She'll get pissed and flounce at the first sign of anyone telling her she's wrong, and then she'll talk shit about them for days while giving whoever slighted her the cold shoulder. It's really quite comical to watch a 50+ year old woman behave in such a juvenile manner.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          I have a co-irker who gets all flamey when it's pointed out that she's a blithering idiot, even if you do so in the most polite manner possible. She just can't handle the idea of being wrong, and she's wrong excessively often.
          I didn't even blatantly say they were wrong I said, "Here is my POV on it" and people got angry. I wonder though if sometimes it's because they spent months going "blargity corporate bad"

and then when it's pointed out they are hurting people just like them they get pissed cuz they realize it's true.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
            I didn't even blatantly say they were wrong I said, "Here is my POV on it" and people got angry. I wonder though if sometimes it's because they spent months going "blargity corporate bad"

and then when it's pointed out they are hurting people just like them they get pissed cuz they realize it's true.
            people generally don't like having their ignorance exposed, and rather than admit they might be wrong, because it makes them uncomfortable, will remove the source of discomfort, and find excuses why the other person can't possibly be right.

I just had an argument about GMO foods with someone, and brought up humans have been doing this for years, we just have the technology to do it quicker and better now(their stance was GMO food was unnatural and on that basis alone, somehow "bad", and everyone should eat locally produced organic food only). People against animal testing do nothing to come up with an alternative, just "it's bad and needs to stop."

They pick up an idea from someone that seems to know what they're talking about, and don't bother doing any sort of research on their own, and pointing out, hey the study that article mentions was funded by this well known anti-progress/anti-corporation group, and shows that in order for any bad effects a full 1/3 of someone's diet has to come from that particular GMO food, for an extended time(I don't know anyone that would eat 5 cups of corn a day).

They don't understand the subject they're arguing, and don't want to admit they were bamboozled by someone trying to manufacture fear in order to further their own agenda.
            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
              Wasn't about here. It was actually about real life friends of mine. Some whom have started flame wars with me because I had a different opinion and I respectfully stated my position.
              OK. Just making sure I hadn't missed anything
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
              X