Receiving a call and be asked to hold douchery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving a call and be asked to hold douchery

Received a call today that reminded me how much I heart this calls.

Dear Co-Worker from B store.
    I understand how busy you are and don't have time or desire to play phone tag . I found the time to stop and answer your call (for help, since thats the only time you call me) just to be asked to wait while they page you, guess what? you did this shit twice or three times already and each time I waited 5+ minutes while they located you. Guess what ? I'm not in the mood to play. I was cordial when asked to wait but I requested, as kindly as I could, that when and if you're located to ask you to call me personally when you're not as busy. sorry if I hurt your feelings when you tried this again in an hour just to be rebuffed again and how when you finally called an hour after that, you were informed I was gone for the day.

To the Douche on my home phone.
    I will never ever know who you are or represent since as soon as I hear the 'please hold' recording I did and will be hanging up in your a$$ infinitum.
    Last edited by Josh; 02-27-2012, 11:47 PM.

Hear, hear! :applause:
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Your co-worker is an utter tool for pulling that shit.

And the "your call is very important, please hold for the next available operator" crap, those are scam calls as often as not. And if it was that important, they'd have a human being on the other end instead of a recording.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I get bill collectors calling and do that. Are they even serious? Who the heck is going to wait on hold just to be told they owe someone money?

Comment

I hate those kinds of calls too. Even more annoying are the ones who call you 5 zillion times a day even after you've told them you'll try to pay them something by x date. It's not like calling non stop is going to make the money magically appear in the bank.

Comment

Word to that! My clinic has harassed me before over a freaking $44 payment. Seriously, you want a bad few days, miss your payment due to whatever reason, and they will literally call you multiple times every day until you pay. Even if you've made a payment and it's accepted but hasn't processed yet, ooooh boy.

What's even better? Dell.

Honestly, forget your payment sometime. And have an automated 800 number that will call you every hour or every other hour (NOT exaggerating) until you listen to the message that you're late and need to pay right away. Once again, even better if your payment doesn't immediately go through.....eventually, you will have a real person after a few robots call you.

Comment

Other side of that my company is a utility and we try to call people to get them to pay so that we don't have to shut their service off.

The way it works though

The payment is due when your bill comes out like every bill the due date on the bill is the last day to pay before it's past due from that date you have a month before we will interrupt your service.

That means you had a month and a half to pay. The last few days we call to remind people about it because many people do legitimately forget they haven't paid it.
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

OK I'm confused. Your CW from other store calls you and before you can answer he just....walks away? How's that work? Or does he have a fellow worker place the call and if/when it goes through, ask that he be paged? Either way, whatta tool.

Comment

What I gather from the OP: Co-irker calls and instead of waiting on hold for the OP to answer, they say, "Oh, hey, have so-and-so call me back" and hang up. Then, when the OP calls back, the co-irker is off doing something else and then gets all butthurt that the OP won't waste their own time waiting for co-irker to get back to the phone.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

As I recall, the whole reason it does that is because its robodialing several numbers at once and only connects you to the operator call queue if you actually answer and fall into the nefarious trap. Your wait time is ironically dependent on how many unsuspecting victims picked up the phone on their last dial bomb.

Comment

sorry if it was unclear.

She gets one of her direct reports to call. We can hold, page, and transfer outside calls. Note: this is not common practice and actually she's the only one that I have seen do this.

I am nice to the person who gets to call, since its not their fault and is only following orders. My annoyance is that we both do the same job just in different stores. It is a heck easier to make ur own calls, have that person paged and connect. This got axed when she was made painfully aware that I value my time more than I value hers. Icing, is that this is normally a request for some type of help/clarification.

As far as the home calls. I will never know who they are. The people who really matter and need to contact me have my cell phone number as a primary contact number.

Comment

Working...
                      X