and this is why people piss me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and this is why people piss me off

So I get tasked with locating something for somebody. An envelope. Okie dokie, I can do that. Oh wait, I have never even SEEN this envelope. I don't know where it was put, when it came, what it looks like, and also, I just don't care about this envelope.

It is at the BOTTOM of my list of priorities. My list of priorities is like My Family, Myself, Everything Else in the World, This Envelope. That's how important it is to me, because up until 2 minutes ago, I didn't even know the fucking thing existed.

I'm also busy taking care of a 3 year old who just cannot understand why the popsicles aren't ready to eat until they freeze. And who also JUMPS at any chance to talk on the phone so it's quite disruptive.

So logically, I am the person to call to look for this envelope, right? Of course!

So great. Phone rings, child jumps, I am tasked with looking for one envelope in a house with mail stashed away in just about every corner, with a very vague description of where it just MIGHT be.

Just...just fucking don't!!! Don't be a fucking idiot.

My mother in law done that to me last night. She called and had me look for some paper work that I have never seen in my life, for her. Luckily, I did find it, in the second drawer.

Comment

So, there's an envelope in your house that somebody needs found and I would assume that you are the only adult currently in said house; Who else would they call to look for it?

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        So, there's an envelope in your house that somebody needs found and I would assume that you are the only adult currently in said house; Who else would they call to look for it?

^-.-^
        There are several options. 1) Could've found it yesterday. 2) Can wait until more adults home. 3) Keep better track of this shit.

Comment

If the person lives in the house or is there often, and they knew they needed this envelope today but for some reason failed to retrieve it earlier, I would be annoyed if they called me when they knew I was busy and asked me to find it. I would tell them to hang up and when I could get around to it I would find it and call them back. When you have a small child you can't just drop everything and go on a wild goose chase for something that might take a while.

OR...put the 3-year-old on the phone and let her talk their ear off while you take your time finding the envelope. Bet they won't ask you to find anything again while you have the kid...

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post

OR...put the 3-year-old on the phone and let her talk their ear off while you take your time finding the envelope. Bet they won't ask you to find anything again while you have the kid...
            This! do this!! It would occupy the kid as well
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
              This! do this!! It would occupy the kid as well
              *roflmao* This for some reason made me think of the occupy protests and taking and dumping a bunch of kids in one of their meetings with signs reading, "Occupy Kids"
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

Working...
              X