Buzzkillers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzkillers

Once again, probably not the best of thread titles.

I have whined before about a certain coworker who is always trying to force the "bright side" on everyone, or is just contradictory in a Devil's Advocate way (a real life "fail to see the suck" person) just to be annoying, I'd assume. Like you can never have a good vent about something unfair because he has to point out who has it worse or how it really isn't so bad.

Now there's the opposite. Anyone ever have to deal with someone who can never see the positive in any light? Not even the smallest joys of life? I don't know, maybe I'm just a dweeb because despite my constant whining on here or CS, I do try to find simple joys in a mild rare sunny winter's day or getting a good coupon for Old Navy in the mail or $5 footlong month, or getting free oil changes, stuff like that.

Like, conversations with these people are crippling and awkward at most because you just struggle.

M- Me A- Asshole

A- So how was your weekend?
    M- It was pretty good, a little too short but this one will be longer so yay. How was yours?
    A- It sucked!
    M- Oh really? Why?
    A- It just sucked!
    M- That's too bad. Oh look we get free food this Wednesday for lunch!
    A- Oh goody, same shit as usual.
    M- It's not the best, I wouldn't hire them to cater anything for me, but any money I can save I'm happy with.
    A- It's fucking gross.
    M- The chicken is usually dry but I usually like whatever cheesy sticks or cheesy tatertots they have as a side.
    A- Those are gross, too.
    M- So uh...did you watch Walking Dead last night?
    A- Yeah, glad they got rid of that dumbass.
    M- That was kinda sad. I wonder what'll happen next.
    A- They're all gonna die sometime.
    M- So I don't see the crazy one....maybe we're lucky tonight..
    A- Doubt it, she'll come running through the door any second and start screaming as always.
    M- That's what always happens, but I like to dream that just randomly, she won't show up so we can have some peace and quiet and a calm work area for once.
    A- That'd be nice but it never happens.
    M- If she wasn't around, I'd get so much more work done because I'd be allowed to breathe.
    A- I WOULDN'T because then the boss would be chasing me around because I have to do everyone's work around here!
    M- Not everyone's......I try to help you when I can or if I can sneak away for a minute.
    A- No you don't all you ever do is talk!
    M- Uhh...pretty sure I work at the same time.
    A- All I ever see you do while you work is talk and you're almost louder than Brown Noser!

This is what I get for trying to be nice to people and try to keep peace so all of the horrid shifts we must spend together as a group aren't complete nightmares. Some people are so adament that they are going to be miserable no matter what that they just rain on everyone's parade.

Better then when my friends (or ex friends) hung out and one of them always had to complain about something when we were having a good time. Granted she lost her phone, but we were across town. Nothing I can do about it until we go back. Plus we finally got it back. She also states how poor she is, but her family bought her a $400 phone, pay for her car insurance, pay for food, pay for other people's food, offered to pay for school for her and still have money leftover. I don't want to hear it. Glad we aren't friends anymore

Comment

Yes. I know people like this. I have also noticed that they tend to never accept responsibility for all the things that "go wrong" for them.

There are several students at school with me who get upset at every single thing that happens in every single class. It is always not their fault that they are miserable.

Bad grade - Professor hates me
      Late for class - Other people were driving badly
      Have the flu - Suzie shouldn't have come to school sick

They seem to thrive on the poor you attention and want to believe that everyone else causes their misery.

Comment

Oh, I know someone who would rather sit and sulk than ever try to do anything about what's wrong.

Me, I tend to be overly anxious and probably annoying, but I want results and I want whatever fixed as soon as I can and I want to be able to rest knowing that everything will be ok.

This person nearly missed 3 days of work because of a flat tire and sat in his room and played video games and sulked, pissed off, instead of calling for help the DAY it happened. He finally accepted a ride offer from a different coworker at the last minute.

I swear, this person can find something negative about anything.

He also thrives on passive aggressive behavior and "it's not my fault that so and so is a bitch!" when something goes wrong at work, etc etc, getting mad at someone the previous day so the next day, makes it a point to be late to the pre-shift huddle. Like it's supposed to hurt us. Nope, just hurts him. He just doesn't get it.
        Last edited by blas87; 03-06-2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X