Stop letting the dogs in my room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop letting the dogs in my room

When I'm not in my room, I leave my door closed. I do this for multiple reasons. I'm the only one who knows how to shut a door in this house so I know when someone's been in my room and because my two dogs will eat any food in my room. Also, Squeekers will chew on just about anything.

My sister, for my birthday, got me a box of thin mints. I kept them in my room and came home one day to see a torn up box with no cookies. Clearly some dumbass left my door open after for some unknown reason going in my room. Same thing happened when I stayed over in PA one night. Came home and some food I had was destroyed by the dogs.

I came up to my room to grab something and found my contact case utterly destroyed by Squeekers. I asked my mom if she had been in my room and she said she vacuumed it. I asked why she didn't shut the door and she gave me a look like that was a ridiculous request.

How many damn times do I have to talk down to my parents like they are children before they learn the lesson and stop letting the dogs tear up stuff in my room? Do I have to post a huge sign on my door or something?
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

You should do what I did, I went to HD and bought a door handle with a lock like we have for the bathrooms. It comes with a key so you can lock the door when you leave.
    "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

...and then everyone in the house will get all "offended" that you "don't trust them."
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        ...and then everyone in the house will get all "offended" that you "don't trust them."
        Mainly just my mom.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

So what fuck that shit. People can get offended by my rules all they want but they are my damn rules about my stuff and I will enforce them.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

She PROVED she is north worth of trust(in this matter specifically).

If she complains than he should say that he was offended by not getting to enjoy his presents and having his contacts destroyed.

Will the drama outweigh the benefits of not having to worry about your room?

Comment

Haha, if I ever tried to lock my door, or went to a store to get one, my father would have been ordered to take the door off until I "learned" that "WE DO NOT LOCK DOORS IN THIS HOUSE!"

I feel your pain. I want my bedroom door shut when I move back home with my parents, so that the cat doesn't destroy any of my stuff when I'm not there.

Comment

Speaking of not knowing how to close a door, my mom and I got back from getting food to find my stepdad working outside with doors open to the outside. Guess what? Beagles escaped. Luckily, Squeekers came back on her own and my sister ended up finding Jack a couple hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                  I kept them in my room and came home one day to see a torn up box with no cookies.<snip>How many damn times do I have to talk down to my parents like they are children before they learn the lesson and stop letting the dogs tear up stuff in my room? Do I have to post a huge sign on my door or something?

Maybe a sign saying:

CAUTION-there is chocolate in this room which can be fatal to dogs, or cause serious illness, please keep door closed to ensure the continuous health of the family pets, thank you.

it takes a whopping 4oz of chocolate to cause seizures, tremors, coma and even death, in a 25 pound beagle. Pancreatitis is possible as well.
                  Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                    it takes a whopping 4oz of chocolate to cause seizures, tremors, coma and even death, in a 25 pound beagle. Pancreatitis is possible as well.
                    Did the lethal dosage change lately? My understanding is/was that 1 oz./lb is fatal.

Comment

Pretty sure it's a complete myth. One of my dogs has eaten multiple boxes of chocolate (full boxes) and never got sick at all.

Comment

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/dog...-get-the-facts

Comment

Probably, like most drug reactions, there's some individual variation as well. But I'm sure not going to feed the dog chocolate until he dies just to find out how much he can have.

(Fortunately, my cats have no interest in any food other than Cat Chow. And, for one of them, sweet mint chewing gum...)
                          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                            Pretty sure it's a complete myth. One of my dogs has eaten multiple boxes of chocolate (full boxes) and never got sick at all.
                            That's like saying that you're pretty sure it's ok to text and drive because you've never been in an accident.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Dark chocolate is the worst, the higher the cocoa content the wors it is, white chocolate does nothing but give them an upset tummy if they eat too much, milk chocolate they can eat more of, 90%+ dark chocolate, that stuff's seriously bad for them.
                              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X