No announcement yet.

"I am not fat I am (insert excuse here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i fully admit i am one of those fat people that don't mind being fat. i have the genetics and self-inflicted blend of reasons, i carry it well, and as long as the number's dont go up, i dont care much about them going down. i'm well aware i could work out more, but i dont really want to after work/housework/LIFE, and would rather enjoy my downtime making stuff.

but i'm also well aware that spamming my FB wall about how fat makes me awesome will generate nothing but eyerolls and mocking from my friends. weight, be it high, low, or dead on, has nothing to do with awesomeness, and constantly talking as though it does reduced ones awesomeness level at about .5 points-per-post.
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

I think the main difference between you, siead, and my co-worker is, you actually DO housework, hobbies, and have a life in general. Most of the time this person is either at work (And I will give her a lot of credit, she's one of our best employees when she actually is there, customers love her), or at home, sitting in front of the computer or on the couch watching DVDs/Netflix, with a huge plate of food and a pack of cigarettes nearby. Hygiene, as noted by my latest Life Advice thread on CS, could really be better. She doesn't even exert herself enough to wash her hair more than once or twice a week, and sometimes we wonder if she washes the rest of herself, judging by the pungent smell that sometimes accompanies her. There was no smell today so it seems to be purely laziness on her part, simply not doing the rest of us the courtesy of showering before work. She moved Last December and there is STILL stuff in the storage unit that's costing her and her husband a few hundred a month. It's like OMG seriously?

Sometimes I think the "I'm proud of my fat!" statements are nothing more than the person trying to validate their obesity so they won't feel so badly about it. Otherwise, like you said, if you don't care that you're heavy, why flaunt it? Hell, *I* could stand to lose 50 pounds and I'm really going to try do so this spring/summer, but I don't go running around boasting "I'm curvy, I'm a REAL woman! I'm fat and have all this confidence, yah yah!"
      A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Declarations of pride are often simply overcompensations for the push to feel ashamed.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
        X