No announcement yet.

Watching TV With My Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom constantly shouts "WOW!" and "WHOA" at minor things. The weird thing is, she does it in a completely emotionless voice. Or " IT THOUGHT (mispronounced name of character) WAS DEAD!?". I hope she never watches Supernatural, she'd be very confused.

Comment

Reminds me of going to the movies with my best friend. He's legally blind and has a very short attention span, so whenever something happens that he doesn't understand completely, he assumes he just missed something and starts asking everyone else why it's happening.

Usually the answer is "they haven't explained that part yet, shut up and watch the movie".
      "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
      TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
        Reminds me of going to the movies with my best friend. He's legally blind and has a very short attention span, so whenever something happens that he doesn't understand completely, he assumes he just missed something and starts asking everyone else why it's happening.

Usually the answer is "they haven't explained that part yet, shut up and watch the movie".
        My BF has a habit of asking what's going on exactly as the characters onscreen begin to explain it. It's gotten to the point where I don't answer, I just hit the jump-back-ten-seconds button and he takes the hint.
        "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
        We are contented, because he says we are
        He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post

I fucking hate that. People who if something isn't explained immediately, they go all "ZOMG WTF IS HAPPENEEN". Maybe if you, i don't know, GIVE THE MOVIE TIME TO EXPLAIN, YOU'LL GET YOUR ANSWER!!!

Comment

It's one thing if you're watching a movie just for background noise while you drink, smoke, talk, sex, whatever.

It's a whole nother thing when it's something you religiously watch, and people who don't watch often or aren't as interested feel they can just talk during or over it.

Maybe I am shallow and myopic for picking "the idiot box" over family and loved ones, but I am a simple gal, and the simple things in life I enjoy are on the idiot box, and it's really my best relaxing tool.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post

Maybe I am shallow and myopic for picking "the idiot box" over family and loved ones, but I am a simple gal, and the simple things in life I enjoy are on the idiot box, and it's really my best relaxing tool.
              I'm right there with you sister!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
              X