Angry Single Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry Single Women

It's mostly another Facebook rant.....and I can't lie and say I was never a bitter single girl. But, in my own defense, I wasn't quite a "real" adult yet, barely 20 years old, when I had such a rotten attitude.

I won't lie, I can talk some crap about guys. I can also talk a lot of crap about girls. Hell, I'm kind of like South Park or Family Guy, if I haven't taken a jab at you yet, it's only a matter of time before I do.

But what is with these bitter, angry women, who have to post/tag/share those stupid motivational/demotivational pictures of what "Real Men" should be like?

You know, you scroll down your feed and see the same girl has posted three or four pictures today that all say "A REAL MAN stays no matter what!" on a picture of a pregnant girl, or "A REAL MAN is happy with what he has!" or "A REAL MAN doesn't have time to look at other women because he's focused on making the one he has happier!"

There's probably a reason you're single, ya know. I'm not a professional or really that smart, but I think I can guess why.

Thank you Blas! Took the words right out of my mouth. One of the mums I know is constantly posting this shit, which is annoying because Rugz and I are better friends with her ex-partner than we are with her, but she'll get all upset and stop the kids from having playdates if I delete her. So glad I have the option of only seeing the important updates, rather than being bombarded with drivel.

Comment

Now I have a Joe Jackson song in my head.

Thanks alot.

Comment

"A REAL MAN doesn't put up with shit that makes him unhappy"
        ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Something in the back of my mind just makes me think these women are impossible to deal with, and no man will ever meet their requirements of what a "Real man" is.

True, a real man will stay and take care of his pregnant woman, and sure, a real man is happy with his woman and doesn't have a wandering eye, but do we really need to plaster our insecurities and anger and venom against the male species all over our feed?

The person who inspired my post is more than 10 years older than me. I guess man-hating doesn't end in your teens or early 20s. Taylor Swift apparently has a whole bunch of girls in their 30s and beyond angry and bitter.

Comment

The men that will meet most of their needs will fail in some area.

Comment

What's interesting is they talk til their blue in the face about what a "real man" is supposed to be like. However, if I talk about what I think a "real woman" should be, I'm labled a misogynistic jerk who has no right to tell a woman how to act.

In reality, a "real man" is an adult human being with an X and Y chromosome. A "real woman" is an adult human being with two X chromosomes. How they act does not change that. The guy may be a total asshole, or the woman may be a total bitch, but if they're still "real" men or women.

Comment

I was such a Bitter Betty when I was single. I'm sure, if I cared to do some digging, I could find examples of posts on this very website and CS of me being an Angry Single Woman. It took a bad breakup (I may or may not have completely lost my shit on the poor schlup who dumped me) to make me realize that I was far too invested in being in a relationship. I probably put off a rather strong desperate/crazy vibe. A few months later, I hooked up with an old friend from college, because what the hell? We're getting married in May.

I don't know if there's a lesson in that or not, but there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  a real man is happy with his woman and doesn't have a wandering eye
                  Real men have wandering eyes, but that's all it is, eyes.
                  I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                  Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Oh trust me, Admin, a few years back, I was everything that annoys me today about some people. Everything and more. Insecure, whiney, needy, annoying (though I'm sure 80% or more of the members here and at CS still think I'm annoying, ah whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                      Oh trust me, Admin, a few years back, I was everything that annoys me today about some people. Everything and more. Insecure, whiney, needy, annoying (though I'm sure 80% or more of the members here and at CS still think I'm annoying, ah whatever).
                      I'm still insecure and needy, but at least I'm self-aware, I guess

For what it's worth, I don't think you're annoying.

Comment

Well, that makes one that doesn't think so

As long as you're aware of that, that's a big step in the right direction. There's a lot of people that think there is nothing wrong with how needy and insecure they are. My brother's girlfriend is the first person who comes to my mind. She thinks nothing of the way she behaves, when she acts like a stalker if he doesn't dare spend all of his time with her.

Comment

I would never be creepy or a stalker. I just, y'know, have some issues that I'm trying to work through, and if I'm in a relationship I might need a little more attention/reassurance that I'm loved and wanted than the average guy =/

What I will NOT do is accuse her of cheating on me for no reason or stop her from hanging out with her friends, male or female, like a lot of insecure guys will do. There may be a voice in the back of my head occasionally that says she's cheating on me - getting cheated on a lot will do that to you - but I can tell it to shut up when it's unfounded.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
                            and if I'm in a relationship I might need a little more attention/reassurance that I'm loved and wanted than the average guy =/
                            You'd be amazed at what the "average" guy needs in that respect
                            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

The flip side, of course, is the "Stupid women who only want jerks" images.
                              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
                              X