"Why can't we just be friends?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    Was talking a bit more in general as we had a thread on this topic already.
    Ohh, gotcha. Guess I just haven't been paying much attention.

Comment

I think it's more just that he's saying, "Don't try to be friends with me. I cannot be "just friends" with someone I'm in love with." A sentiment I can understand, as I used to be head-over-heels for a close friend who never showed signs of being interested. In my case, her finally and nicely saying she wasn't attracted to me that way settled the entire matter, and we've gone back to friendship.
      Last edited by Skunkle; 04-10-2012, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Just FTR - the ageism thread is a general one... I like to play computer games, and I often enjoy the company of younger people, and I'm not married - yet living the life of a young bachelor (well... sort of ) Yet, I'll still get comments indicating I 'shouldn't' do that, and why don't I have XYZ.

This one is about a specific individual (though, unfortunately, she isn't unique in this regard). As I count through my list of people I chat with (aka, friends), I find that 70+% are females - so, yeah, I have no issues in having female friends.

This last does, actually, have relevance to the current discussion... because I can honestly say that I don't need another female friend!

And, no deceits, though probably we both ignored the other person's intentions ... (and, given some of her touching, I'd say I'm less ignoring, and have reason to think otherwise..).
        ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Okay, to preface here, I know this is a simplistic view to take and does not cover the whole of the OP's situation, but seeing this made me think of this thread...

Morpheus on the subject of friendzoning.

Comment

Working...
          X