Rotten luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotten luck

NO one to blame here, not even myself, but sometimes the way things all line up I'm conviced the stars hate me.

Yesterday: Little girl is clingy. Little boy is home early from school! AWESOME. But Little Girl is acting tired, so I try for a nap. She hasn't been having a nap anymore in the afternoon, but I was hoping maybe just this once.

So we go downstairs, read a story, snuggle, sing, and then he's asleep! YAY! I come upstairs, little boy is doing his thing, I have a few minutes of quiet! Yay, I think, a little quiet time! This is so awesome I think I'll watch that episode of Supernatural that was on TNT toda -

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK AAWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

UPS man! And now guess who's awake.

This morning: Little girl went to bed late, so she wasn't awake at her usual 6 am time. I got up around 7, and was soooooo happy to have some more quiet time! This is so awesome, Wife is headed to work, Little Boy in school, Little Girl sleeping, FINALLY some peace and quiet. I think I'll hop on Frat-

RING RING.

"Honey, I can't find my keys, but I know they're somewhere under the couch so if you could just loudly rip apart the whole living room and wake up our daughter, I'd really appreciate it."

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

One of my customers has almost figured out how to quell that a bit. A huge sign on the door "Don't knock BABY sleeping" and the dog is out in the backyard with a raw hide. I would say it completely works 7.5 times out of 10.

Comment

I can agree that sometimes it just seems like karma or God or mother nature just wants you to have a hard time.

Stupid small things, but still.

Like, my 4th day of having to work a 12 hour shift, I go to lay down, and the city decides it's now time to start mowing the grass across the street by the park. Or, it's going to be so windy, the gutters that are falling apart are flapping violently against the side of the building all day. Or, just for another bonus, my downstairs neighbor's stupid loud door slamming mother shows up to babysit and is slamming doors and cupboards all damn day like always.

Or my shoe decides to fall apart just a few hours into my shift.

Or my windshield wiper goes shit on a rainy/snowy day before I can get to an auto store.

Comment

I've always said..if it was not for bad luck..I'd have no luck at all. That is not even counting the health issues I faced/face. Every time I got money saved up..something like a car breaking down or something would come along and there would go the savings. I would land a great job..and the vehicle would give out..(and the job was like 100 miles away or some such).

Yet..no broken bones, no missing appendages (though how not I have no idea). So I guess not all that bad. Still if my luck ever balanced out..I'd win three lotteries on the same day, find Atlantis, a cure for cancer (completely by accident), and own half of America

Comment

Working...
        X