Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New game masters that don't want to do the work..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rarelly make plans.

I do my best to create interesting situations.

And I let the rest flow from there.

I think many people who want to be DMs but not do the work just like being the most powerful entity on the group

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
      Here is the latest development..something for everybody to consider about this particular case. The new gm is making his own character "Humanities last hope." The whole game is centered around this character..thoughts? (Before I put my own thoughts on this matter)
      Well clearly the only possible thing to do with a Messiah character is to off him in the funniest way possible before he can do any saving. It's so much fun to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by SongsOfDragons View Post
        Well clearly the only possible thing to do with a Messiah character is to off him in the funniest way possible before he can do any saving. It's so much fun to do that.
        lol which would be easy to do if he was playing in somebody elses game, not so much when it is his own game. Personally to me, the players are the main characters in the book..the gm is the supporting role, the scenery, etc..while I might have a npc that can break the characters in half easily..the chances are that the PC's won't know that.

It's like Gandalf from Lord of the Rings..obviously one of the most powerful of the people there..but the story doesn't center around him..now does it?

Comment

Here is the latest development..something for everybody to consider about this particular case. The new gm is making his own character "Humanities last hope." The whole game is centered around this character..thoughts? (Before I put my own thoughts on this matter)
          I missed this. Who says that this "Humanity's Last Hope" character is in any way useful to the group? He could be some dork who just happens to have some rare antibody, and you need to protect his worthless ass. That's what a cruel and heartless GM would do...

Comment

A great DM doesn't have set in stone plans..*laughs* because no matter what contingencies you've made..players WILL mess with it. *chuckles*. Here is the latest development..something for everybody to consider about this particular case. The new gm is making his own character "Humanities last hope." The whole game is centered around this character..thoughts? (Before I put my own thoughts on this matter)
            I think that it would be boring as fuck to play that game.

Unless I could play the thing he has to save the world from.......

And I can murder his character in his sleep.........

From half a world away.
            Help a friend!

Comment

Nekojin lol I wish, that might actually be interesting. Nope..a big bad strong character. Think the character is like a navy seal or something.

Parrothead *chuckles* that would be something to see....

Comment

Yeah, if the character that you're 'bodyguarding' is an awesome bad-ass, then it's really HIS story, and it'd be hard to make it YOUR story. The players have to have the story, not the NPCs. If there's a chosen one who is also a bad-ass, it has to be one of the players. And ideally none of them know who it is...
                "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Ignore the plot and go to the nearest pub. The DM strikes up a challenge - defeat the challenge and go back to your pints. Summoned to receive a quest, challenged outside - naaaah, ignore it, start some kareoke instead. Teleported somewhere else - walk until you find a new pub. Fail to rise to any of the DM's plans. If there's no pub, find a river and go swimming, or make camp and roast marshmallows and sing instead. You are the players, you can fuck his story over through your inaction until or unless he realises you don't care what the Magic Seal does...you're going to the pub until there's something you can do that doesn't involve sitting there watching the Magic Seal win the day.

We've used this tactic once, and only once. He got the message and changed the story.

Comment

If he's going to play the "badass dmpc" card, play the "sit on our asses" Card. Dont do a damn thing during battle. Like Song said, go to a bar. Or wenching. Or go sign up with the city guard. If the dm gets mad, explain "Well, obviously we're not needed, if this guy can kick Asmodeus' ass singlehandedly with nothing but a dagger"

Comment

*laughs* Oh I am not playing this game. I am trying to help him build his game, improve, etc. I like the ideas though. I've been trying to mentor this person. Teach them to GM, etc..but it has been a bit difficult. The NPC he has reminds me a lot of Cloud Strife of Final Fantasy fame...

Comment

*laughs* Oh I am not playing this game. I am trying to help him build his game, improve, etc. I like the ideas though. I've been trying to mentor this person. Teach them to GM, etc..but it has been a bit difficult. The NPC he has reminds me a lot of Cloud Strife of Final Fantasy fame...
                        Were I playing a drinking game, I'd be required to take a shot for that. Cloud? erg.

Comment

As I suspected .. the game was a flop, got no joiners. Now he is whining about it. *sighs*. He even went as far as making a street fighter like twist to the game. Ugh..anyhow..hoping they will use it as a learning tool..if I could count how many games I had that flopped..I'd be in good shape.

Comment

Is anyone particularly surprised it flopped? What an idiot.

Is he going to learn from it and make a better game? ...I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Working...
                            X