"You don't have kids yet?!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
    Just the thought of a uterus stretcher (device) makes me think of Groucho Marx waggling his eyebrows.
    it's a dilator. shaped like a vibrator of sorts. for the VAGINA, not the uterus :P

Comment

Your uterus-free friend can certainly keep trying. There's no hope of *success,* but...

(sorry, I'm basically with you; just trying to work through the combination of "it can take up to" and "at least.")
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I'm thinking about getting the implant... now, if only I can temporarily get over my needlephobia.
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
          I'm thinking about getting the implant... now, if only I can temporarily get over my needlephobia.
          I have it and I'm slightly freaked out when it comes to needles....especially freaked out when I saw how big the applicator tube was.

Provided your doctors clinic allows it, see if you can take in an iPod or something similar during the procedure. The procedure works something like this:

-Few local anaesetic injections to your arm to numb it. (it took 2 shots for me)
          -They then do all the insertion stuff, complete with a "click" noise.
          -They then check to ensure that it's inserted correctly and all that (they will also get you to feel it), before taking the applicator OUT and closing up the incision with one tiny stitch.
          -Afterwards, they'll help you up and give you all the aftercare instructions. PM me if you have any questions about that stuff.

Pretty much from the moment they did the local injections, I had my iPod on and turned up to a decent volume. I could then sing along and enjoy myself while they did all the good stuff

When you get the prescription (if you have to get it yourself), DON'T open the package. That might help with the needlephobia. See if you can have someone else in the room with you during the procedure (it's a minor one) as well and if you can't catch a bus/train/boat/whatever back home after the procedure, get them to drive you.

Comment

Working...
          X