No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, for one, don't mind the sex scenes. They seem connected to the story. Gratuitous? Possibly.

I'm pretty sure with LittleFinger (Lord Bailden), that they're constantly showing you one side, and then another, to keep you guessing throughout... (same with one or 2 other characters). (FTR - I HAVEN'T read the books).

One thing that was pointed out to me the other week on precisely this topic... those graphic sex scenes STOPPED when love is involved! You never saw the Stark parents make love... When the Khal and Khaleesi (yeah, I forget their names ;P) fell in love, no more sex scenes for them... So, what does that say???
    ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

In the books, the happy married people DO have sex scenes, especially Dany and Drogo. I think HBO believes that no one wants to see happy married people having happy, loving sex. Well, there usually isn't much drama involved in that I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
        In the books, the happy married people DO have sex scenes, especially Dany and Drogo. I think HBO believes that no one wants to see happy married people having happy, loving sex. Well, there usually isn't much drama involved in that I guess.
        Married people still have sex? I thought the reason a bride smiles when she walks down the aisle is she knows she's given her last blowjob?
        Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Marriage *includes* sex (at least sometimes), but a whorehouse is *about* sex.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
            Married people still have sex? I thought the reason a bride smiles when she walks down the aisle is she knows she's given her last blowjob?
            Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
            Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

People having sex will develop the character of a third party? really, really?

We know he runs a whorehouse it's told to you every five minutes.

This video
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDlOD1Hw9k

Has more character development than all of the sex scenes in game thrones put together and tripled. It actually has a sex scene but it is short and shows what it needs to, also it's looks like the people have showered sometime within the last 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                It's worth trying. Trying time and again.

Just a personal perspective.

Rapscallion
                Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                  Yes.

In most good stories, characters donĀ“t exist in a vacuum, how they act and react regarding other characters' actions can, and does ,add dept to the characters.

In this very thread it was already exemplified:

Originally posted by linguist View Post
                  did you notice that he wiped her mouth out of sight of the complaining customer, then sent her to him, whereupon she immediately kissed him? this was a character development scene for littlefinger, showing him as a master manipulator who appears to give people what they want while hiding his own agenda.
                  See?
                  Last edited by SkullKing; 06-01-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Don't forget the amount of character depth Joffrey's "sex scene" showed.
                    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
                      Don't forget the amount of character depth Joffrey's "sex scene" showed.
                      Dear god, I was almost sick when Tyrion bought him whores for his birthday and I realized we'd have to have a scene. Mind, that was one of the sickest, most twisted things I've ever seen in any movie or show, but is it bad to say I was relieved? Joffrey's such a sick little bastard, but that surprised even me.
                      A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Working...
                      X