Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDs with unskippable commercials/trailers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't rent, I buy what DVDs I want to see... and for anything other than pro-wrestling discs, I have never come across unskippable movie trailers. Yes, I've seen the 'don't pirate' and the FBI legal warnings that I can't get past, but never a trailer or other kind of ad.

Is it possible that it's a Redbox thing?

Oh, and on the pro-wrestling shows, the bit you can't skip past it the 'don't try this at home' warning.

And I agree with DrFaroohk, there need to be more controls on the DVD player itself, especially a 'Menu' button to access other functions. A button that brought up a virtual remote and arrow keys would be a nice touch.

Comment

No, it's not a Redbox thing. It's a studio thing.

I've got a half dozen of those discs, and it's annoying as all hell.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
        On a similar note, someday I would like to see a DVD player that actually has <gasp> BUTTONS ON THE PLAYER!!!! So that when I lose the remote I can still have some control over the damn thing.
        I have seen all of one dvd player that has this, and I sell them.

One of the shrek movies has a 20 minute unskippable documentary of Ben Stillar talking about madagascar. That is annoying.
        Last edited by gremcint; 05-17-2012, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post

One of the shrek movies has a 20 minute unskippable documentary of Ben Stillar talking about madagascar. That is annoying.
          I have that same DVD. You can fast-forward through it, although you have to time it right, otherwise you have to sit through it again I think. (it's Shrek 2 btw)

On a side note, now I wanna get Shrek 3

Comment

Working...
          X