"You're comparing yourself to ____!?!?!?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You're comparing yourself to ____!?!?!?"

So there you are, working away at your carpentry job, when someone says to you "Ya know what? ALL carpenters are ASSHOLES!"

To which you reply, "Jesus was a carpenter. You calling him an asshole?"

<GASP> "You're comparing yourself to Jesus? You're going to hell! How dare you!?"

No, I'm not comparing myself to Jesus, or Hitler, or Obama. I'm just pointing out some interesting facts. Quit acting like such a knowitall. This is another one of those mind-reading, psychic arguments that I really wish people would stop using. The ones who act all clever. They need to go away and just leave this planet forever. Maybe find their own planet where they can be all smart and clever.

I chuckled a little at this. That guy sounds like he was trying to pick a fight with you.

Good comeback by the way!

Comment

"So maybe I CAN walk on water, did you ever think of that, pal?! Now get me some wine..I mean water"

Comment

"I can also bring people back to life. Wanna help me practice?"

Comment

Just remember, most of those who act clever are just acting. Usually, they're not doing as great of a job acting the part as they think. I view people who do this much as a cat views a ball of yarn. I bat them around with sarcastic remarks until it bores me, then I find something else to amuse me. I don't take those types seriously.

Comment

Well not normal people, but sometimes they are people who are "above you" in some way. They have power over you. That's when it sucks that you have to deal with idiots.

Comment

Working...
            X