It's Not Going Anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not Going Anywhere

You know what, everyone who bugs us about our toddler's hair (mostly Husband's family)? If he is wearing camo pants, an Avengers t-shirt, Spider-man shoes, and is grubbing around in the dirt with his dump truck, and someone thinks he's a girl just because he has long hair, then they have a problem, not him.

Not like I even care. Half the time I don't even correct them if it is some stranger on the street I will never see again, and if I do correct them I make sure to let them know they didn't offend me.

I had actually considered cutting it for the summer (it's going to be a hot one) but then he started allowing me to put it in a ponytail, so there. When he asks me to cut it, I will have it done. Right now he doesn't seem to care, and neither do I.

That mane of golden curls is going NOWHERE, get used to it.

I tease Andara about cutting her waist-long hair every now and then. Just a snip... or two...

Comment

His isn't even nearly that long; when wet it comes to the missle of his back, but once dry it springs up into spiral curls that just touch the tops of his shoudlers.

Comment

And I bet it's adorable! I wish people wouldn't make such a big hairy deal about long hair on men and boys, it's not the damn 50's and 60's anymore.

Comment

When my little brother was a kid, everyone thought it was so adorable that he had such lucious, golden spiral curls.

It was so cute to them, until he got to be a teen, then they were screaming about his "Afro" and the fact that he looked like a "hoodlum" not having a haircut.

My brother now keeps his hair pretty short, and it's nowhere near blonde anymore (mine is still staying somewhat blonde, thank GOD), and he can still keep his hair somewhat curly without looking obnoxious while short, but I'll never let go of the hypocrisy that some of our relatives and family friends had that it was ok for a little boy to have cute long curls, but not when he got older.

Comment

I actually have very dry, curly hair, that allows me to have a natural, afro.

I liked it a lot, even got compliments on it.

but now I have to work in an office where I must shave and have short hair.

Good that you allow your son to have his natural his hair the way he wants, anakhouri.
            Last edited by SkullKing; 09-28-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I grew up in the 60s where crewcuts were still the norm.

as I grew up my hair was "allowed" to get longer (not ponytail length but way longer than a crewcut/buzzcut)

in my professoinal career type jobs I kept my hair somewhat short

NOW that I am out of that kind of job I have a pony tail to my mid back. before Mom died everytime I visited she tried to talk me into getting my hair cut short

NO FRACKIN WAY MOM I like my hair just the way it is.
              I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
              The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I'm not a guy, but I've noticed most women, as they get older, tend to go with shorter hair styles.

I tell you, until the day this hair gives up on me and starts falling out, I'm keeping it long the way I like it. At least shoulder length. I don't even care how grey or white it gets, or if people think it's ridiculous to be a Granny with long hair. I refuse to be one of those blue permed old ladies.

Comment

Working...
                X