No announcement yet.

Am I just completely out of touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read the original post assuming you were basically crashing with them and they owned the place and there wasn't much you could do about it but as soon as you said you owned the place it became you need to lay down the law.

Comment

As aurelemsrealm says, there's a middle ground between letting them walk all over you and being a tin-pot tyrant. You have every reason to expect to be comfortable in your own home. When roommates are persistently disturbing your comfort, something's got to change.

Comment

Originally posted by LewisLegion View Post
        You guys are right on some points and I do need to put my foot down on some things, I agree.

Thing is, I never wanted to be 'that asshole' that said, 'this is my house, you'll do as your told'. As far as I'm concerned its our house but at the same time, we're adults and some respect has to be given.
        My roommate and I equally rent the apartment we are in so it is definitely shared space. If he went into my room and messed with stuff I'd still be very pissed though. You could always have an open discussion about stuff in the shared areas so that everyone could talk about it together rather than telling them if you wanted. That way it's less a your house your rules thing and more of a group decision.

Comment

Originally posted by LewisLegion View Post
          Thing is, I never wanted to be 'that asshole' that said, 'this is my house, you'll do as your told'. As far as I'm concerned its our house but at the same time, we're adults and some respect has to be given.
          Totally understand that but the thing is they are being that asshole. They are acting like, "This is our house, you'll do as your told"

As evidenced by the fact that they clean up your desk while his is still a cluttered mess.

On the flipside it could also come from a place of "Oh god so grateful that you let us live here we want to help out" and the kitty litter incident just makes that harder to see.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Makes me glad I am with the people I live with now. We don't hide anything from one another (they know I have fun adult stuff, and they do too), and if they need to used something of mine, they don't have to totally ask (like batteries or my Wii or movies). I usually keep my stuff in my room, they are the one's that leave stuff everywhere. But they clean it up after a couple of days.

With my dad, forget it...

Comment

Working...
            X