Getting Laid Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Laid Off

I don't know if I've ever posted about my situation before.

bg//I was laid off just over two years ago. I went back to school during that time and just returned to work in mid-April //bg

I was just laid off today. I have only been with the company for 6 weeks and will not get any unemployment. Right now, I am still in shock and can't think straight. My husband and I have put everything we have into staying afloat these past two years and I don't where we will go from here.

It also pisses me off to see how many people take their jobs for granted and goof around while I work my ass off and keep losing jobs through no fault of my own.

May I offer you a hug?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I'm on salads and the like, so best I can offer is my best wishes in the job hunt.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Good luck on the job hunt. I know how frustrating it is to be "laid off" (translation: fired without giving a reason) or fired for BS reasons. The only advice I can give is to give temp labor assistance places like AppleOne a try. They can keep you well-employed for a while, and can even get you a position that works into full-on employment with the company once your temp duration expires. It's kept me afloat several times when all else was failing.

Comment

Thanks! I did get a reason but it still stings. They were hiring for a big influx of customers that were coming on as part of a buyout. The deal fell through at the last minute leaving them with more employees than needed.

Comment

Yeah I know how it is. I was laid off about two years ago also. I felt the same way, I went back to school and everything. Could not get hired for anything. But I decided to put my skills that I have to work for me. Now I make crafts (whirligig, wooden signs, & wind chimes). Soon, I will start making children toys and start in, making different types of furniture (chests, tables, picnic tables, & benches).

My advice to you.
              Things happen for a reason, maybe you could whatever skills that you have, to work for you. Maybe work on the side to bring in atleast a little bit of money, until you get another job. Or even maybe start a business, where you can utilize your skills.
              Last edited by powerboy; 06-02-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Might want to actually check to see if you qualify for unemployment (depends on if you made any money or not..and even so it might be a very small amount you qualify for). Six weeks IS enough, you just have to have made over a certain amount in that time.

Regardless *hugs* Sorry you are having such a rough time.

Comment

I feel your pain. I had a great job for 6 months, then got laid off because the billing department had apparently been picking their noses for a year and hadn't actually sent out any bills. The company was desperately laying people off to save money, and I got caught in one of the last waves.

Comment

I understand what you're going through. I got laid off in August of last year and haven't been able to find work since. It's rough out there but just hold on as best you can. Things have a way of working out for the best a ridiculous amount of the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X