Get Dressed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Dressed!

I've noticed a disturbing trend lately. The amount of people who regularly leave their homes and run errands in their bed clothes has increased, or I'm just more aware of it.

Seriously. I'm all about comfort. However, I do dress myself before I go. Even if it'd sweats or a t shirt. How hard is it?

Are we as a society, losing all sense of decorum?

Oh, to clarify: I'm not speaking of people who wear revealing clothing or not enough. I specifically mean the pajamas and slippers crowd.

Comment

Ive worn house slippers to the corner store when Im in a rush, but never my PJs.

Comment

Yes, sadly, I'm afraid society has lost any semblance of common sense.

Comment

What I really like are the parents that do their shopping around midnight in their pajamas, with their screaming kids who are also in the pajamas.
          They get extra suck points if kids are also filthy.

I dont blame the kids... feel kinda sorry for them. The thing is, I never see these people buy necessities. They are almost always shopping for things that arent really needed. Like CDs, DVDs or something.

I can understand if they need groceries or something. I can see something like that popping up.

Comment

Depends on where I'm going. If I'm taking the dog for his morning poop, then I'll put a bra on under the t-shirt I slept in and pull on some pants and flip flops. If it's late at night and I'm making an emergency run to Walgreens, same deal. I'm not getting dressed up for either of those occasions.

Comment

I have considered, but I just can't do more than, say, go grab the paper or go through the drive-through in my PJ pants.

I don't even wear PJs to bed, but if I'm going out, I absolutely will not do so without putting on proper "going out in public" wear.

Today, for instance, I have to do laundry. The only clean pants I have left are my PJ pants, and some jeans that don't fit quite right and are uncomfortable. I'll be distinctly uncomfortable for a couple of hours while doing laundry, until I get home and swap back to my cozy PJs, however, as I don't think being quite that relaxed in public is appropriate.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If I am not working that day, I will stay in my comfy pants. But if I go into town, i'll wear my regular pants, unless it is to the drive thru. But then again, I work from home

Comment

Afeh. Even if I'm just taking the bins out to the bin store I put my jeans on. I always get washed and dressed before I leave the house to go somewhere.

When I was in university I used to go to lectures in my pyjamas...but I put my jeans and a top on on top of them *shame* That was when my sleeping patterns were practically nocturnal and way too long for me, and I was planning to go back to bed. I'm a lot less lazy now

All me jimmies are too light to endure the outdoors, really.

Comment

I'll walk the dog in my pajama pants. I do put on actual shoes though. I don't think I've ever gone anywhere in my slippers.

I've also run through a drive thru in pajama bottoms.

I guess I'm referring to the people out walking about shopping in full-on, obvious pajama bottoms and tops and occasionally slippers.

Or perhaps I'm a fuddy-duddy in my old age, I just find it appalling.

Bear in mind, I typically dress *very* casually myself. I'm big on sweats and yoga pants, hoodies and t-shirts, and flip flops.

I just wonder where we draw the line.

Comment

Sweats, yoga outfits, etc are meant to be worn out and about.

Pj bottoms are not.

That's where I draw the line.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I agree with Andara.

My gym clothes are multi use, to me. I own several pairs of black yoga pants and workout flare pants from Vicky's and Old Navy, and I wear them on errands and out and about stuff besides just my exercising, along with a workout top. If it's not too hot, I'll throw a tshirt over that.

A couple of weekends ago, after I moved back home, my brother and I went to Wal-Mart to get some of our own groceries to share. There was a girl not only in her pajama pants, but in a tanktop with no bra, giant tits just flapping about like she was in her own home ready for bed. To me, that's just disgusting.

I mean, I will walk around Wal-Mart in yoga pants and a tanktop, but you can bet your bottom dollar I have a bra on under it.

Comment

I have thought this was weird too. Especially when the girls have their hair and makeup done, but are in a ratty tank, flannel pj bottoms and elmo slippers. Was the point to just LOOK like you just got out of bed, but...better?

Comment

My pj's mostly consist of boxers. That be quite embarassing to wear in public. I just throw on shorts (sometimes over the boxers if I feel too lazy to take em off) and a t-shirt (which I wear to bed also). Every once in a while I will wear my batman or transfromers pj pants. I actually once wore my batman ones to go into my roomie's and my store. I really just didn't give a shit then. My manager had a good laugh. But that was once. And I don't own slippers. Its flip flops here.

Comment

we only have jammies for bumming around the house in, not for sleeping. hubby's worn them to work when he's going in on a sunday and noone would be there. but i doubt he would to a walmart or elsewhere.
                              if i had some epic batman or marvel jammies i might wear them out and about, but i might tailor them to fit more like dress pants. although, that's just because batman rocks my socks.
                              All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X