Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the fuck CARES?!

MASSIVE DISCLAIMER:

This post is not about anyone specific here, or CS, but rather a type of person I see every day on the internet, at work, in the media, or just walking down the street. If you're going to take offense to this post, just know I didn't write it about you. ALSO: I know that I don't have to read everything I see, or interact with people if I don't want to - I know that if a situation is dumb or uncomfortable enough, I should just walk away. Believe me, I do. Alright, on to the actual post.

We do not care. We really don't. You go on and on and ON about shit no one asked you (I'm looking at you, Facebooker who "has a back full of zits and no one to pop them!") or elaborate waaaaay too much in a response to what could have been a simple question ("Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla cake?" "Well, y'see, chocolate was invented by the Mayans and vanilla first cultivated in the South Pacific and I don't agree with the political leanings of blah dee blah dee blah...") or just outright are so full of yourself that you answer questions about yourself that NO ONE ASKED!

You may think your writing style is so florid and beautiful that you just have to share it with the whole world, or maybe you're so verbose and witty that no one should be denied your charms, or maybe you're just the best goddamned person in the world and how dare we not hang on your every fucking word, but I have some news for you - NO ONE FUCKING CARES.

I'm not talking about sharing the expected minutiae of your day that Facebook was essentially designed for, or the random small-talk everyone must use as social lubricant. I'm talking about ego-stroking, uncalled-for diatribes that serve no purpose, share no needed information, or otherwise elevate the lives of the people involved. I'm talking about mental masturbation at the highest level. Granted, we are all guilty of this at one point or another (I once wrote a story about eating oranges as if I were battling them during a long, drawn-out war and posted it on Facebook) but there are people out there whose very point in life seems to be all of this... Ridiculousness, and I've just been so over-saturated with it lately that I just have to scream that NO ONE GIVES A FLYING, TWISTING, JACK-KNIFING FUCK!

Maybe no one gives a fuck about this post, and that's fine. But it was this or yell at some supreme idiots in my life, and I don't think this particular type of idiot takes criticism too well at all.

My mother in law is just like that. We will go visit and she will start in on the same thing that she talked about the week or day before.

Comment

There's a kid I'm friends with on FB who can't help making clever cheeky little quips on practically everything, but most of the time people find them extremely rude and smug. He also seems to want to tun half of everything into a Britain vs. America thing, thinking that he has a duty to defend the latter even though we hadn't mentioned the former...and usually makes an arse of himself doing so.

Every time I call him out on his bullshit he goes into a heavy sulk and says how offended he is. And every time I think out loud about blocking him or adding him to a restricted list (the latter I've done several times) I get told off, because 'he's only 17!!' Yes!! He's 17 and he should FUCKING GROW UP.

Comment

Some people love "epic" sounding stories, regardless of the content. Personally, I prefer laconic writing styles and snappy story-tellers. I think stories are more powerful when they're not dressed up in too many details or flowery language.

Of course, being brief means that people will be more focussed on the content of your speech instead of the delivery. For people who have nothing substantive to say, this doesn't work. If they want to be less of a bore, I'd suggest putting down the thesauraus and going out to live a life. If you want to be interesting, you need to do interesting things.

Comment

I'd give anything in life to be rid of the people who always have to correct others.

God, I just want to bash some skulls, especially at work.

Can't walk through the door and say, "What a nice day, shame we have to be here!" and have the shift's social retard have to point out that it's actually rather humid outside and cloudy, to which I'd roll my eyes and say, "So whatever happened to that order we were working on this morning?" and of course, window licker has to point out that it wasn't a REAL customer order, it was a PROJECT for an engineer....

Seriously, all you have to show for yourself is that you know all the "technically" and "actually"s of every day life?

Fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by powerboy View Post
            My mother in law is just like that. We will go visit and she will start in on the same thing that she talked about the week or day before.
            Mine too! She repeats herself over and over, as well as dredging up things that happened years ago. If you value your sanity, never mention politics or she'll rant, rave and then devolve into singing silly songs that she's made up.

I'm sorry, but I actually DON'T care about the reproductive capabilites of some people that I quite dislike!

Comment

I have family members that I avoid who do that, but coworkers that I can't.

Trust me, one in particular knows every single thing you've ever said that they didn't want/like to hear. And will bring it up. Years and years later.

I made a thread about it a while back. That guy and his golf shirt. Oh. My. God. This has gone on for years. He will not let it go.

I swear, I don't have a job. It's anger management.

Comment

He also seems to want to tun half of everything into a Britain vs. America thing, thinking that he has a duty to defend the latter even though we hadn't mentioned the former...and usually makes an arse of himself doing so.
                I know a guy like that, except he finds it his duty to defend the former and insult the latter for anything.

Also, when a member of the group we're in was very excited that he was visiting his boyfriend, who's quite far away from him, this guy kept posting passive aggressive "Oh, I'm so glad you actually GET to see your boyfriend." When the guy visiting posted "Three days 'til I say [name]" he posted something saying "5 years 'til I can see my boyfriend yay!"

I hate passive aggressiveness. With a passion. Reminds me of my ex.
                "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                  I hate passive aggressiveness. With a passion. Reminds me of my ex.
                  Yeah. He really combined P/A with a persecution/martyr complex and elevated it to art.

You know, the kind of pretentious art that only artists ever "get."

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah. He really combined P/A with a persecution/martyr complex and elevated it to art.

You know, the kind of pretentious art that only artists ever "get."
                    Yeah, this guy and another guy in that group are about ten times worse than he ever was.

But.

Back on topic. I ramble a lot about things that aren't important. It seems to be part of my Asperger's. I have at least learned to catch myself and apologize or rambling, and ask if the other person has something else they'd rather say/talk about.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
                    X