Flash mobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash mobs

Decided to post this here instead of at CS cos it's more of a fratching issue really.

I don't exactly hate flash mobs. I mean it's creative and can be fun.

I just don't trust them. Whenever I see "flash mob" I ALWAYS wonder... who created the mob and why?

Cos ... during a flash mob everyone who's not involved is what... watching the flash mob.

I mean most likely someone's not going to create a flash mob to say, just distract store employees so they can shoplift a pair of $20 pants (although that's not to say someone else won't take advantage of one). But for say, bigger crimes... flash mob might be a great way to get a diversion.

It's good to think about that sort of thing.

Heck, Grimm had an episode where flash mobs were a cover for murder.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Eh, it seems like that fad has more or less fallen by the wayside.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        It's good to think about that sort of thing.

Heck, Grimm had an episode where flash mobs were a cover for murder.

^-.-^
        heh. kinda like what i said to my bf... "If I've thought of it, someone else probably has too"

Comment

3 robberies in the DC area due to flash mobs
          Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

As the Grimm episode illustrates, so-called "flash mobs" aren't actually spontaneous events - someone's planning it, even if they're only actually directly controlling a small percentage of the eventual participants.

Comment

I usually get called paranoid for making comments like this. It'd be super easy to get away with stuff while all attention is focused on the flash mob.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
              X