people with ridiculous hair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people with ridiculous hair.

I've never openly mocked anyone for it and I don't treat anyone different about but seriously do you not own a mirror, do you not realize just how stupid you look? especially the mustaches on some people.

I know they're not hurting anything, I'm not being mean to them but how am I supposed to take you seriously.

This is highly subjective.

There are some that just look inane, but are popular for some reason such as the beehive or that silly middle pulled back style that's popular right now (and makes your forehead look like a billboard). Some are done for the purpose of being non-conformist such as liberty spikes. Some are just to be different, though not necessarily non-conformist (and usually not that different, either).

I plan to add bright pink to my hair. Just because it amuses me.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If any of you saw the youtube video I linked to featuring me telling an annecdoete with all my matted dreads glory you could say I don't care about my appearance.
      True in a way, more so I. DO. NOT. CARE. ABOUT. YOUR. OPPINION. (generic you not the OP)
      hell when I was neat and tidy in the 90's people gave me grief for trying too hard when I was in the metal club considering everyone had long hair (as did I for most of it) so I never won, so I stopped caring what others thought.

I don't work with customers so I don't have to worry about putting on a face, but if I so choose, I could shave off half of my beard if I wanted to and not care about how twisted someones knickers are over it.

Comment

I saw the video on YouTube. You looked reasonably clean and groomed to me. *shrug*

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Stupid ammounts of matted hair?
          It's got ringlets in it now, the bane of my hair when I didn't let it mat, now its matted at the top and ringlets at the tip.

I swear some days I could have hair model for Mills and Boone cover girls.

Comment

I'm used to knowing people with that frizzy type curly hair. Even on a good day, it can be pretty bad. Heck, we had one girl that would call out of work every time it drizzled because she didn't want to deal with her hair. >_>

^-.-^

Comment

I don't particularly dislike random hair colours and styles; in fact I've seen many that I've loved so much.

I'm a wuss when it comes to my hair; or I just love my natural colour and wave too much to change it. The last time I straightened my hair I hated it, as I looked like Morticia Addams, did not like.

However, whilst I may like it, I know people who don't. Many of them are employers and interviewers. Especially if they're of a conservative bent, you showing up with your awesome rainbow mohawk will not get you considered for the job, no matter your skills or how the rest of you looks. As far as I can tell (not sure how good that site is, thought I ought to provide a citation for my varying anecdotes), at least in the UK, if your hair-of-awesome is not for religious or racial purposes then discriminating against you for it is not against the law, because it's something you can change.

I've known people who've come up against this. They either changed, or a few were lucky enough to find a more happy employer.

Comment

Hair style is definitely not protected here in the US, for the same reason - it was done by choice and can be changed at any time.

That said, there are some jobs out there where an unusual appearance is a plus, but those are few and far between.

^-.-^

Comment

I had a regular customer visit me at the store the other day. I almost didn't recognize her because I'd always seen her with purple highlights in her hair. She'd let it go back to her natural brunette color because she was tired of keeping up with maintaining the highlights for now.

I thought she looked familiar when she walked in the door, but I was busy with another customer at register. When she got her items and approached the counter, she spoke.

I laughed, "I thought that was you, but I almost didn't recognize you without the purple hair."

She laughed, "Yeah, I got tired of keeping up with it. I may go back to it someday."

"It is kind of your trademark. It seems unnatural for you not to have purple hair."

I guess it's all in how I get used to seeing people. I try not to judge people on their appearance so much as their attitude. As a c-store clerk, I have a lot of customers sporting unusual styles. As long as they act friendly, I have no problems dealing with them. In fact, I sometimes get annoyed when others do comment on the wilder appearances.

Comment

I actually DO like my natural hair color. It's really dark, with enough red in it that highlights tend to turn orange. You don't really notice the red though...most people think my hair is black. I blame that on my mixed heritage. The most I've done with my hair is highlight it a couple of times, and cut it every once in a while. I like it long, though, despite whatever others have to say. People tell me to cut it, to let my face be seen, etc...I like my hair, and they can just deal with it!

Comment

Some people waste too much time worrying about things that shouldn't even be a concern. Sure, I may think to myself that a lot of people look strange and unusual, but I really don't care enough to voice most of those opinions. I just try to focus on what's on my own plate, and keep moving forward. If asked directly what I think, I'll usually just say it doesn't appeal to me. Otherwise, I figure there's little point worrying about it.

Comment

Once, when working at the shire horse farm, a member of the public complained about me to the boss. At the time, I was bedding down stables, which means removing all the horse poo and adding fresh bedding. I overheard the whole thing; the woman was whining about my hair being pink. My boss replied that since I was shovelling shit, it didn't matter what colour my hair was as long as I did my job properly.

Now, my hair is bright red with blonde streaks in front. Neither of my managers care about what colour my hair is; hell, one has tattoos and lots of earrings. To my mind, it's the narrow minded people who have the problem, and in an ideal world, they would not be pandered to; instead, they'd be told to get a fucking life and mind their own business.
                        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

There is only one hair style I will never ever ever do and that's because even though I would love to dress up as Charlie Chaplin for Halloween one year that is never what people will think when seeing it.
                          Jack Faire
                          Friend
                          Father
                          Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by aurelemsrealm View Post
                            Some people waste too much time worrying about things that shouldn't even be a concern. Sure, I may think to myself that a lot of people look strange and unusual, but I really don't care enough to voice most of those opinions. I just try to focus on what's on my own plate, and keep moving forward. If asked directly what I think, I'll usually just say it doesn't appeal to me. Otherwise, I figure there's little point worrying about it.
                            That's my take on it. It's hair. While it's one of the most important features to some people, others just don't care, and most of us are somewhere in the middle. I couldn't care less if someone decides to put their hair in cornrows and dye it in official clan tartan patterns, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                              There is only one hair style I will never ever ever do and that's because even though I would love to dress up as Charlie Chaplin for Halloween one year that is never what people will think when seeing it.
                              Even if you include the hat and walking stick?
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                              X