Coupons!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupons!!

What is it with coupons that are such a hassle? More specifically, lottery coupons. Basically, the state lottery gave out free lottery coupons that you can win instantly during the month of June. You enter online and if you win, you get an email with a printable coupon. It was a daily thing (I would estimate you have a 1 and 5 chance of getting the coupons).

Almost always, I would get questions from confused store clerks. If they didn't outright refuse them, they'd need someone else to run it through. I even had come out of no where and demand to see the coupon, right after the transaction was completed. They acted like I was trying to scam them when they should at least have some idea of how the coupons work (it wasn't the first time the state gave out coupons).

I guess I shouldn't complain. After all, it's free chances to win money. Even if I don't win, it still adds a little fun to the day. I just don't get why they act so suspicious.

I wish that they would just do away with coupons. They are nothing but a bother any more.

Comment

Originally posted by powerboy View Post
      I wish that they would just do away with coupons. They are nothing but a bother any more.
      I wish they would have either more coupons for healthy food or just reduce the cost. Its not that cheap to eat healthy.

Comment

Healthy food costs more to make.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Healthy food can cost more to make. Depending on what it is, it can also cost less.

It takes more effort and planning to get a healthy diet going, but it doesn't have to take more time or money to make it work other than the planning portion.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I mostly hate the coupons where you have to buy 4 of the same item that costs 4 bucks each to save 25 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              Healthy food can cost more to make. Depending on what it is, it can also cost less.

It takes more effort and planning to get a healthy diet going, but it doesn't have to take more time or money to make it work other than the planning portion.

^-.-^
              Effort and time spent planning are also a cost, though not one easily translated into dollars with precision.

But I was more referring to the products for which you might have a coupon.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I've never heard of coupons for a state lottery before. I've worked as a convenience store clerk for the last 15 years. I probably would be suspicious about lottery coupons. I'll put it this way, my home state is Illinois, and I currently live in Tennessee. I've dealt with lottery in both states, and neither state has ever issued coupons for lottery to my knowledge.

Unfortunately, there are many instances of coupon fraud. My store's parent company issues fraudulent coupon alerts semi-regularly. I've never had customers present any coupons that have been flagged. When a customer presents a coupon, I always check expiration date, look for any wording that may specify certain stores only, and compare the written offer with what merchandise the customer wants to purchase. I get a lot of the same types of coupons, so I can usually spot discrepancies quickly.

Comment

I fucking hate coupons because growing up when my dad went shopping if it wasn't on sale AND we didn't have a coupon if it wasn't bread or milk it wasn't getting bought. Lol wasted decent amount of money on some shit that was on sale had a coupon but I didn't want to eat. Then like mentioned above the amount of effort to save a little bit is a pain in the ass, buy 3 when I really only need 1 for next 6 months and I save 1$ by spending $10. OR in my case they will have the coupons on the shelf at the BX so I grab the item because I actually need it, forget the coupon is in my pocket and go OH shit there goes $2.

Comment

Thankfully, our lottery coupons are easy here in Iowa. Just scan the bar code, and the machine basically walks you through it. As for other coupons. the customers seem ignorant of and/or oblivious to the ones we have in the store, right in front of their faces. Either that, or they grab multiple coupons and stash them in their pocket or purse for later. We've taken to keeping the coupons mostly behind the counter to stop that from happening. The other common coupons we have at C-Store are the ones people bring in for their smokes, and I understand that...cigarettes and chew are damn expensive around here! To me, though, most of the coupons in the Sunday paper, etc, aren't very valuable at all. Most of them, you have to buy multiples of the item just to save a few cents. What's the point in that?

ETA: Speaking of coupon fraud...you don't want to see how many pages we have of photocopies of fraudulent coupons at work. Seems like just about every week, we get a new page from corporate, alerting us to more fraudulent coupons. It's crazy! Of course, they're usually written so that the person using the coupon would get the item practically free or get money back, and any clerk worth their pay would KNOW not to take something like that...I hope...
                    Last edited by BrenDAnn; 07-09-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

AH i completely forgot about horribly fraudulent coupons, I told a kid and his dad off because I refused to take a coupon for a free monster that was printed on a home printer and was for a $4 item.... sorry don't want your "business" because then i have to listen to my manager bitch about being out the cost of the item

Comment

Why would you want their "business" when it consists of trying to steal from you?

Comment

Working...
                        X