Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the 'Fat'?

http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/back-w...age-slideshow/

Ok this kinda ticks me off. The woman in the ad this talks about is not even close to being 'fat'. What because they are not some coat hanger or something they are fat? I call BS. I agree with a ton of the comments on this. Skinny, average, some extra weight..doesn't matter..it can all be beautiful. Anyhow I digress..can somebody..anybody point out this 'fat' woman that is supposedly in that ad?

They're talking about breasts, back when it was considered indecent to actually TALK about breasts.

Comment

The headline is for shock value.

And, to a model, the women in the pictures are fat. We need to stop employing mobile coat hangers in the fashion industry.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm more intrigued by the concept of "Ironized Yeast".

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
          Anyhow I digress..can somebody..anybody point out this 'fat' woman that is supposedly in that ad?
          Uh, I'm not seeing it either. All I'm seeing, is one woman with no boobies...and the other has them. Neither is "fat."

Comment

Oh for pity's sake. I agree, this was just a round-about way to advertise breast enhancers. And then the article throws in obesity rates, as if one had anything to do with the other.

I am so sick of sensationalistic headlines that are an obvious misdirect.

Comment

Nothing against large (or for that matter small) breasted women, but never really been my thing. Though I believe everybody can be beautiful in their own way, think C or D cup (not sure what size) is about right for me. Though bigger or smaller is ok also. What really is important is how the person feels about themselves.

Comment

". If these ads teach us anything, its time to banish the body insecurity, don that bikini, and jump into the deep end. Summer's too short"

That's the point of the article

Comment

I think the significant thing in the cultural difference is the language. Nowadays, no one would consider "skinny" an insult, and no one would consider "fat" anything but.
                  http://dragcave.net/user/radiocerk

Comment

"Skinny" can be considered an insult depending on the context and tone. I've had a few people call me "skinny" with a voice practically dripping with malice.

Comment

I am 5ft 8in, weigh about 185 last I looked have a bit of a beer belly, being on a military base in training I am overweight according to the book value of what i can be. Yeah I'm not super skinny but shit I'm going to go down to wal-mart and will be half the size of most people there. Actually, integrating back in civilian world after training everyone gonna be so fucking fat because I have been around extremely built and skinny people for 10 months

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                        We need to stop employing mobile coat hangers in the fashion industry.
                        Yes! I completely agree! I don't understand why the fashion industry thinks it's so bad to have models with curves instead of looking like freaking heroine junkies! The junkie look is a horrible example of beauty to women and girls just as much as the airbrushed look is.
                        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

lol... I think you're missing the point of the ad. They're trying to tell really SKINNY women how to get curves, which was the ideal back then. They're not saying that model is fat, they're saying she's perfect.

Comment

Working...
                          X