It was like the hangover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was like the hangover!

After last night, I have really decided I hate when people use the phrase "dude my night was like the hangover!" Because generally they do very little drinking and remember everything. I actually have had nights like the hangover this week, where it takes several people working together to figure out what the fuck actually happened, along with waking up having random cuts and bruises going at what point did this happen. I am especially annoyed when it is someone who is between 18-20 bringing up stories of "their drinking days".... No im sorry, you can't even legally buy alcohol in this country at that age(need to be 21), so believe me except for a few die hard southern people who started drinking before they turned 14, i have been drinking legally for 4 years at bars. Also, need to consider that most of them were likely not actively drinking, probably just a couple sips or one beer that a parent gave them. Not to mention I have also went to college and was in a fraternity, believe me college fraternity boys pride themselves on having some wild parties that even the slowest nights run circles around stupid shit we did in high school. So my view is this, you practice drinking while underage, as soon as your old enough to go to a bar is when you actually get good at it.
    Last edited by insertNameHere; 07-08-2012, 04:50 PM.

Besides "It's like the Pineapple" is a much cooler and obscure reference to make.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

I'm confused. Are you saying people under 21 don't drink heavily to the point of blacking out and not remembering stuff. I don't know where you are from, but where I'm from, a lot of kids start drinking in high school and heavy drinking on a weekly basis isn't a stretch for some kids. Hell, first time I blacked out from drinking was when I was 15. Apparently I got into fights with people twice my size, was successfully chatting up two women from the Ukraine (until they later learned I wasn't 18 like everyone else), did a shitload of shots, and won a beer pong tournament.

So yea, some people might exaggerate and compare an average night of drinking to the Hangover but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

so. you're offended that people steal your 'thunder' which is drinking with 'buddies' to an alcohol induced stupor and coma, waking up in strange environments with cuts and bruises with no recollections of previous events? Well, continue to have a 'blast' in your mid to late 20's but keep in mind you'll soon be the creepy old alki dude who stills wants to act like a teenager (normally anyone over 30).
        Last edited by Josh; 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

no im offended by people who don't drink to the point of blacking out, and just do some mildly stupid shit but act like it was a black out and monumentally stupid shit was done and like nobody could ever drink as much as them and if challenged give up drinking when the start to feel the least bit off balance.

Comment

Working...
          X