Oops Sorry, I'm Not Ready...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, you just had to, didn't you?

I posted this on CS, well, part of it, but the tradition on my (now former) shift is that after the last night of work for the week, everyone goes out to the bar for a few, since there's a few bars that cater to night people and open real early.

Most of the time, I don't make it because I always have stuff going on right after work so I can get it out of the way for more fun stuff, yada yada.

So, the once always reclusive, never wanting anything to do with anyone Whiney, after we broke up, started going, clinging on to this one coworker of ours (that is both of our friend), and probably knowing that I wouldn't be there.

He called in sick at least once a week on almost a weekly basis until we got a re-vamped edition of our attendance policy that went into effect a couple of weeks ago, severely limiting the amount of call-ins you can have per time period. He also went home sick early one night, it was the last night of the week and we were all going to go out after work for a few.

This one girl he had been training at work, whom, until we broke up, he had previously decided he hated, well, once he decided to start acting more social (I don't know if it's out of desperation or really trying to change himself for the better), got to know her and found a confidant of sorts in her. Though she's also friends with me, so she doesn't divulge any shit talking (though it's on his end, not mine, I don't talk to people about him except the bare minimum "It didn't work out") but we did get her drunk one day and she slipped a few things that he'd whined and cried about.

Yeah, back the bus up. When I don't go with the others to the bar after work and he does, he literally sits there drinking himself silly and cries like a damn baby, repeating the same old stories and asking Miss Too Nice "What should I have done different? What did I do wrong?" or "But SHE did this!"

So, even though I know that I'm not personally responsible for the fact that this guy drinks himself retarded now every single day, I still watch over my shoulder and see the looks I get from people who think I'm this awful awful girl who stomped all over his innocent little heart.

Comment

Working...
    X