No announcement yet.

The Replacement NFL Refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, once a game is over, I honestly don't expect them to change the results later. Just admit they got it wrong.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Seattle fans are noisy. Seattle fans are famously noisy. Seattle fans have been noisy enough to produce measurable tremors in the ground after certain plays. Seattle fans are distracting.

Seattle fans are not hostile.

There's cheering, hollering, yelling, people dressed up and looking silly, all the normal shenanigans associated with the sport. But there isn't a culture of hostility, of throwing things on the field, or general harassment of the other team/refs.

My only take on the game last night was that the Seahawks a few years back had a real shot at the Super Bowl, then lost in the division playoffs due to some really, really, really bad calls. Calls that looked suspiciously like someone wanted a team with better market share to make it to the Super Bowl to increase ad revenue. So if we get bad (super bad) calls that throw a game our way? Karmic balancing. Sorry GB.

Comment

I don't think the Seahawks should have to apologize or even feel bad for the win. They had an amazing first half, and their defense was killer. Green Bay shouldn't have even put themselves in that position. But Golden Tate SERIOUSLY pissed me off when he tried to pretend that he didn't push that Green Bay player. "I don't what you're talking about." Bullshit "Golden", we can see it on the damned replay. Also, the coach trying to pretend like it was the right call. No, it wasn't. Don't mar the great job your team did by being a douche after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cymberleah View Post
          My only take on the game last night was that the Seahawks a few years back had a real shot at the Super Bowl, then lost in the division playoffs due to some really, really, really bad calls. Calls that looked suspiciously like someone wanted a team with better market share to make it to the Super Bowl to increase ad revenue. So if we get bad (super bad) calls that throw a game our way? Karmic balancing. Sorry GB.
          Which year are you talking about? I don't remember the Seahawks being good enough in recent times to be close to making it to the Super Bowl.

In 2010, they lost to Chicago in the divisional round by 11. They had three penalties while Chicago had eight so that can't be it as clearly the refs weren't siding with Seattle.

In 2007, they lost to Green Bay 42-20. Seattle had four penalties, GB has five. Seattle played like crap and lost.

It appears they made the Super Bowl in 2005. Hasselbeck barely completed half his passes. Take out Alexander's 21 yard rush and he only averaged 3.9 yards per rush which is okay but not great. The kicker missed two of his three field goals. The punter screwed the team over with a bunch of touchbacks. Just not a good performance by the team.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

TBH, I have entirely no idea when it happened, but I'd put a stab at it being within the past four years?

I pay about .21% of my total lifetime attention to football. I know who my local team is, I can name three positions played (running back, quarter back, ... blind side guy. Oh wait, four! punter), and I sometimes vaguely recall wankery. Which is what I was referencing. I could be wrong! It would not be surprising! I recall grumbling about calls, I absolutely do not recall anything about the calls or the game in question, aside from post-season.

I think I know about as much about Canucks hockey as I do about local football. Come to think of it, I've seen more of their games in the past three years than football games in the past decade... and that's not intended to make it sound like I've watched a lot of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
              Which year are you talking about? I don't remember the Seahawks being good enough in recent times to be close to making it to the Super Bowl.

In 2010, they lost to Chicago in the divisional round by 11. They had three penalties while Chicago had eight so that can't be it as clearly the refs weren't siding with Seattle.

In 2007, they lost to Green Bay 42-20. Seattle had four penalties, GB has five. Seattle played like crap and lost.

It appears they made the Super Bowl in 2005. Hasselbeck barely completed half his passes. Take out Alexander's 21 yard rush and he only averaged 3.9 yards per rush which is okay but not great. The kicker missed two of his three field goals. The punter screwed the team over with a bunch of touchbacks. Just not a good performance by the team.
              Yes, but Rapistburger's TD run for one of their touchdowns was a bad call. He was down before the ball crossed the plane. A Seahawk defender clearly hits him and the ball before it cross.

Earlier in the game was an offensive pass interference call that negated a Seattle touchdown. Honestly, the call could've gone either way, but the ball was thrown away from the defender and he had no chance of making a play on it. He was just as guilty of defensive interference by forcing the receiver to "shove off"

There was a holding call that was rightfully made against the Seahawks, but on the same play, a Steeler's Linebacker was lined up off sides that went uncalled. The penalties should've negated themselves, but they didn't.

There was also the BS low block penalty called on Hasselbeck while trying to make a tackle after throwing an interception.

This is what I was referring to when I said:
              Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
              You have officials like Bill Leavy who butchered the officiating in SuperBowl XL, he botched it again in the playoffs the next year in the Colts vs Ravens game, and then again in the Giants vs Packers game in this past year's playoffs.
              Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

It appears the "real" refs don't care much for Green Bay either. Thank goodness they were able to pull out some luck and a few tricks before that game went too far south.

Mike McCarthy does not just challenge any old call. He doesn't. He has a reputation for knowing when to call BS. Those refs are just fucking retarded as well.

I swear the booing went on for five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  Mike McCarthy does not just challenge any old call. He doesn't. He has a reputation for knowing when to call BS. Those refs are just fucking retarded as well.
                  The "real" refs make mistakes, too... sometimes really stupid ones. But not nearly at the frequency the replacements did. Every game in the first three weeks were fucked up royally in one way or another.

Comment

Not to mention that it may take the refs a week or so to "warm up" since they weren't around for the preseason. Refs need practice, too. That said, once that call was challenged, they should have reversed it. Even the commentators were like,

Comment

Working...
                    X