No announcement yet.

Loudness At Home (For No Reason)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a baby, I've been told that my mother wouldn't allow anyone to flush the toilet during the night cause it might wake me up. I think that's ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason to NOT flush a toilet unless you just plain don't have running water. If someone is woken up by such a small thing then they need to train themselves to sleep better.

This is why I wasn't especially quiet when the kids were napping. They had to get used to normal household sounds, including vacuums and such. I refuse to tiptoe around because someone is sleeping. I won't slam doors or blast the tv either....but reasonable noise is to be expected.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'm not sure what was up with my Mom but at one time it was just her, my brother and myself in the house as Dad was away at work. Mom was always big on not making any more sound than was necessary. One day my brother and I were in the living room and Mom was in the kitchen making supper. She came boiling out the kitchen screaming at us to turn down the TV we were blasting her our of the house. Thing was we were both laying on the couch reading books and not making any noise at all. Not to worry though she got even madder about that.
      My Dad would rattle the walls with his snoring but if my brother or I would even think about giggling while we were supposed to be sleeping well then the best we could hope for was a quick and painless death.
      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Oh, my Dad and "blasting him out".......

When I'm home alone, doing my cleaning routine in the mornings/early afternoon, I'm blasting Pandora/Iheart on my phone while doing so.

Dad, who is supposed to be on the road and doing his job, will constantly stop at home for whatever stupid reason before his day is supposed to be over, and he'll come into the house and scream at me for having the music too loud. He's home for a total of about five minutes, and leaves.

He's found a way of pleasuring the dog when it comes to his hours at work. He figures, if he gets up early and gets working earlier than he's technically supposed to, he can come home an hour or two before he's supposed to be done, and be done with his day. Anyone else in the world who is salaried knows, that's NOT how it works. Just because he wants to be done, doesn't mean that the truckers have gone home or that the terminal is closed for the day yet.

So, Dad comes home earlier than he's supposed to, and the TV had better not be too loud, I'd better not "blast him out" with music or vacuuming or hokeying. Ideally, he wants to get home early so he can start chugging beer and watching Fox News and start screaming "NUKE THE MIDDLE EAST!" at the TV until the sun goes down.

Anyway, obviously, the work day isn't done for his coworkers yet, so his phone still rings and he still gets e-mails and whatnot. If I dare make ONE peep when his phone goes off, he screams "SHHH!!!" at me, or he gets up off his chair, literally stomps his feet, slams the porch door shut, and goes and talks outside. But, before he answers the phone, he starts screaming that someone is bothering him or they are retarded or "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU NEED NOW?!"......because, he's finished with work for the day, that means they should be too, right?

Honestly, right now, my family is hoping someone figures out he's drunk sitting at home while he's supposed to be still on the road and working.

Comment

Working...
        X