People Who Quit Talking To You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Who Quit Talking To You

For no reason (gosh, that phrase is coming up a lot lately for me). At least, none that you're ever given.

Not the Silent Treatment, I'm talking flat out someone just freaking drops you as a friend or quits talking to you for absolutely no given reason. As in, they won't even look at you, much less speak to you, ever again.

One of my coworkers, she has been friends with this other girl for 15 years. They've worked together and hung out together for 15 damn years. And one random day, the other girl just quit taking breaks with her, quit texting her, defriended her on Facebook, etc. If the first friend even attempts to go near her, she gets ignored or the other girl just walks away. She has honestly no idea what she said or did, if there was even a reason, although I have joked with her that it's because she's been working with my Whiney Bitch ex more often lately and his ignoring people has rubbed off on her.

Ever since I went to day shift, I've still tried to stay in touch with my old night shift friends that I used to go out with to the bars to or out to eat with, whatever. One guy, I've tried to text him multiple times on Sundays when I'm done with work and he's off that night to see if he wants to go out for a drink with my other friends, I've texted him just what's up or what's new.....NOTHING. I don't know if it has anything to do with him getting to be closer friends with Whiney Bitch or if everyone just thinks I betrayed them for switching shifts (Oh, the horror. I wanted to get away from a hostile work enviornment that the boss encouraged. The HORROR and how selfish of me!)

I mean, in the long run....or just the short of it (oh I'm so tired right now), I guess it's not worth it to worry about and if they were a real friend, they wouldn't ignore you or they'd tell you why. It's just.....irritating how some people are either such cowards or just feel no reason to tell a person that they've moved on or have other friends or interests now. I haven't forgotten my old friends. Not at all. I know I pissed off a lot of people by leaving night shift, but I couldn't take it anymore. It'd be selfish of them to expect me to stay and keep destroying my mind and health by staying subjected to that shit just to stay their coworker.

That's just weird. Losing contact with people over time or when you move, change jobs, etc is one thing; suddenly dropping someone you still see all the time quite another.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Did the girl that stopped talking get into a new relationship or group right before the sudden break?

Because that's the sort of thing that happens to people who are being brainwashed prior to the start of real abuse. The abuser isolates the victim so that they will have nobody to run to once things start going bad.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

She's married, so that's probably not it. My friend is pretty stumped, because even though this other girl is kinda squeamish and goody two shoes, she's never just dropped my friend because of something she said or did that she didn't agree with.

It's puzzling. It really is.

I know why some of my former coworkers are mad at me, and that isn't worth being upset over on either end, because I needed to get out of that bad situation, and if they want to be sore, they can be sore all they want, but I can't figure out why one or two of them just flat out will not answer my texts or even just let me know what's new with them.

Comment

I had someone do that to me several years ago. Just quit talking to me, wouldn't answer phone calls or email me back. Just disappeared off the face of the earth. I never did find out why he did that.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've had people do this to me, usually the ones I was friends with during my church years between the ages of 16 and 20. I wasn't attached at the hip close with them, but I always thought we were good friends. They unfriended me on FB and I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I could have said or posted to offend them. This was even before I said "To hell with it" and started posting 'unChristlike' things I figure they were probably never my friends to begin with.

People are weird.
            A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

I know Ive have distanced myself from some older friends. Not all at once, but a go away for a year and people change. Cant explain some things though.

Comment

I know people have done it, I've done it myself....but at least I've had the gonads to tell a person why I no longer want to be their friend or see them. At least there's some closure. Even if that person doesn't agree with you or you don't like their reaction, well, at least it got out there.

Friend recently did find out what was up. Other girl had held it in so long she exploded on my friend for absolutely no reason, as if she was forcing her to tell her. This is a page right out of Whiney Bitch ex bf's book. Seriously, this little man-infant would deny, deny, ignore, ignore, and finally snap at you what you "did wrong" or whatever to piss him off. It's not like my friend was stalking the other girl, but she'd try to make contact, try to find ideal times (like NOT at work) to try and talk to the other girl, she'd just keep ignoring her and avoiding her. That's one of my "beserk buttons" I guess, I should go put that in the other thread over there....

Comment

I've had people do something like that; ie just not bother to call me up or text me. Since I'm not about to waste my credit constantly doing all the running, and if I don't have the cash to go out, it ends up with weeks going by when I don't talk to certain friends.

I still talk to them if I see them in the pub or on the street, just that we don't talk any other time. It does bug me a little; especially if they certainly have more money than I do to spend on phone credit and it wouldn't kill them to send me a text to let me know that they haven't dropped off the face of the planet.
                  "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
                  X