No announcement yet.

Novelty Flash drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok look I can buy a 4gb for 5 and 16gb for 10, so add five bucks to the cost and give me a 16gb novelty drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
      Fair enough. I just don't "get" the idea of buying a utilitarian device and not using it for the designed purpose.
      Usually pretty much the same. But I also get things that are of inferior quality 'cause they're pretty. So While I use my little USB novelty sticks, I bought them 'cause I liked the way they looked.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Am I the only still rocking the 3 ½-inch Floppy Disk Drive?
        "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

We're going to be cleaning out my dad's house and part of my MIL's house in the next few weeks. I'm hoping to find some 5" floppies.

ETA: Not THAT kind of 5" floppy, ya pervert.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
            We're going to be cleaning out my dad's house and part of my MIL's house in the next few weeks. I'm hoping to find some 5" floppies.

For those, I've always preferred a hard drive.
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Actually gremcint, I find the novelty ones useful FOR their novelty. I've got a couple of machine specific recovery drives. The files are rarely >8gb, which is what the largest of the gimmick drives is, and having different shapes/characters makes it pretty easy to match to each machine.

(All of which was a thinly veiled OT comment to brag about

The ultimate geeky flashdrive. Sent in Frosted Flake box tops when one of the Star Trek movies was premiering, and got a rubber wristband emblazoned with the Enterprise logo whose joining ends were a usb drive and the female cap. To go a tad girly for a moment: "squee!"

Comment

Originally posted by sms001 View Post
                Actually gremcint, I find the novelty ones useful FOR their novelty. I've got a couple of machine specific recovery drives. The files are rarely >8gb, which is what the largest of the gimmick drives is, and having different shapes/characters makes it pretty easy to match to each machine.
                Ooh...That's not a bad idea. Have different novelty drives which are named characters...then name the Machines that they go to the same name on the network. So when the system named "Ravage" goes tits-up you can grab the Transfomers "Ravage" USB drive and hook it in.

Must implement at work.

And you get one of those padded boxes for carrying RPG Miniatures and you can keep them handy and available at a moment's notice.

And yes gremcint, you could just get normal ones and use a label maker on them to do the same thing...but IT can be so dry and dull that often times the only thing that keeps us sane...ish is finding the stupid shit that is pointless yet fun.
                “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by sms001 View Post
                  The ultimate geeky flashdrive. Sent in Frosted Flake box tops when one of the Star Trek movies was premiering, and got a rubber wristband emblazoned with the Enterprise logo whose joining ends were a usb drive and the female cap. To go a tad girly for a moment: "squee!"
                  Oh man I want that now. Anything star trek is cool by me.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
                    Am I the only still rocking the 3 ½-inch Floppy Disk Drive?
                    Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post

I'm typing this on a system with a 1.44M 3.5" 'A' drive and a 1.2M 5.25" 'B' drive. Too bad current motherboards don't support dual floppy drives.

Comment

Yeah, we used to have a similar tower than ran Windows 95, but it crapped out years ago. I think our Tandy 1000 still works, though.

Which reminds me, does anyone want brand-new, still in the packaging 8-Track tapes from RadioShack with their old logo? I tried to return them recently, but the tapes are no longer in their system.

Comment

Which reminds me, does anyone want brand-new, still in the packaging 8-Track tapes from RadioShack with their old logo? I tried to return them recently, but the tapes are no longer in their system.
                        and haven't been for quite some time I'm sure.......how do you manage to hang onto unwrapped 8 tracks for that long?
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

No, but I'll be awaiting the hilarious thread on CS.com from the clerk who mentions a customer who tried to return a pack of 8-Tracks.

Comment

No, but if you turn up an 8-track *player* (one with some useable form of audio out jacks) in similar condition...
                            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                              how do you manage to hang onto unwrapped 8 tracks for that long?
                              They were in the attic.

Comment

Working...
                              X