My sister in law's "logic"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sister in law's "logic"

So, apparently I'm a bigot who hates all Mormons for no other reason than them being Mormon (I will admit that it is difficult for me to trust Mormons because of what the church did to me, but there is a huge difference being slow to trust and outright hating someone).
    How she came to this conclusion: I don't like Mitt Romney. Yup, that's her proof, because I don't like Mitt Romney I obviously hate all Mormons. My dislike of Romney clearly has nothing to do with his policies, or the things he's said (like "I didn't realize you people had families"), or even the things he's done (strapping a dog to the roof... yeah animal cruelty obviously doesn't influence my impression of him at all). Obviously, it is for no reason other than his religion and therefor hate all members of that religion.
    By that same standard, I don't like Joe Solmonese, I think his leadership of the Human Rights Campaign has been substandard and he has a level of arrogance that he has not earned. Am I now a homophobe apparently?
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Hmmm...I dislike Robert Mugabe. I must hate all Africans!

Comment

And the thing that set off this whole tirade of hers about how much I hate Mormons is because I said "If I were Mormon I'd be distancing myself from Romney, he meets so many of the negative stereotypes about Mormons and it is unfortunate that there are so many great Mormons who will be judged by Romney's actions and words"
      Yeah, pretty hateful words, I should be ashamed of myself.

Comment

Soo....

You're calling Romney out on being a bad Mormon is somehow bigoted against Mormons?

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what you did.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
          How she came to this conclusion: I don't like Mitt Romney. So, apparently I'm a bigot who hates all Mormons for no other reason
          Sounds like 2008's election: If you didn't like Obama, one was racist. Didn't like Clinton, sexist. Liked (or even agreed with anything from) McCain/Palin, it was like wearing a KKK costume.

Comment

I'm Mormon and I can't STAND Mitt Romney.

Guess I hate myself? And all my family members that can't stand Mitt Romney?

Your sister-in-law is a very confused individual.

Comment

Mitt Romney is Morman?

Hmm, guess I care more about what a politician does/stands for than I do about what religion they are. Wonder what that makes me...

Comment

I don't like Mitt Romney (as a candidate) because I have not been able to find even *one single thing* where I believe he would be an improvement over his opponent, and in most areas I believe he would be considerably worse. The closest any of it has to do with his *religion* is the part where he would give certain beliefs the force of law, and that would go for any candidate, not specially Mormons.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Just remove the second M from "Mormon" and you'll know what Mitt really is.

Comment

Originally posted by dendawg View Post
                    What the fuck is an ormon?

Anyways she's arguing with you so she must hate gay people.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                      ......Oh, sweet irony. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
                        Mitt Romney is Morman?

Hmm, guess I care more about what a politician does/stands for than I do about what religion they are. Wonder what that makes me...
                        According to some news articles I've read, before he was a politician he was a Morman religious leader. And according to a picture I saw, so I don't know the full truth, he once told a pregnant single woman to get rid of the baby or lose her god.

Originally posted by dendawg View Post
                        Originally posted by gremcint View Post

Anyways she's arguing with you so she must hate gay people.

Talk about a reading fail gremcint. Dendawg said to remove the SECOND M from "Mormon" not the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethian View Post

Talk about a reading fail gremcint. Dendawg said to remove the SECOND M from "Mormon" not the first.
                          am I the only one who thinks that was intentional?

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
                            am I the only one who thinks that was intentional?
                            No.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It was a joke people.

Besides my brain when reading likes to outright skip words so I read that as "remove the M"

Comment

Working...
                              X