Farty Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farty Customers

Okay, this is probably not contentious enough for Fratching, but I can't access CS at work.

Tonight has been hellish with farty customers. One especially was especially noxious - a teenaged guy who was standing right beside me when he let an absolutely vile one rip, and then continued to just stand their and browse while he marinated in his essence. It was all I could do to hold my breath while I got out of the area as fast as possible. But the whole night, there have been customers in my department with a seemingly-permanent air of body stink around them. It makes it very hard to get anything done.

And before anyone starts, yes, I know, some people have medical conditions and can't help it, blah blah blah... But that doesn't make it any less pleasant for the person on the receiving end!

I see you have been visiting Irv's store on Senior Day
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

My main issue is customers who don't wash. Sometimes I have to struggle not to be sick when serving a customer with bad body odour. It only takes, what, five minutes to have a shower? And if you don't have one, you can have an all over wash in the bath.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

You know the B. O. is gonna be really bad when all the other customers in line are giving the person a 3 foot radius.

One of our pharmacists is really bad about farting and not saying excuse me. You can be just walking along and then . . . oh my fucking deities . . .
        A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

gah....people are just nasty. People not washing is my number one pet peeve. GROSS!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

You should see me. Got on a new med that for the first few days I've been gassy. Thankfully I walk outside and I run into very very few people. But going grocery shopping scared the hell out of me because I didn't want to be one of those people.

Comment

Oh std, it's certainly worth writing about.

On my previous shift, and even on my new shift, we have a few people who have no qualms about doing that. People can argue that it's a normal function, medications and certain foods and conditions make it worse, but I've always felt that it's best done in the bathroom or away from others.

Now, I will admit, it's hard to go 12 long hours without pooping. I'd prefer in general to not poop anywhere but home, but I've also came to realize that I've made myself very uncomfortable and even almost ill from not going when I really had to, so I generally try to find one of the lesser used bathrooms at work when I have to do that, and as you all can imagine, it's also very hard to hold in a fart or two for that long of a shift, so I try to do it when I know no one is going to come around me for a few minutes.

Comment

When I worked at Wal-Mart, I used to feel a blend of annoyance and surprise at all the people who crapped in our bathrooms. I know some people are probably doing double takes after reading that. And yes, I know it's a natural function and sometimes you need to do it, but it's just that I rarely ever have to do Number 2 while in public, or even at work. Yet on a busy day at the big box retailer, I couldn't slip into the bathroom for a quick pee break without feeling like I needed a gas mask thanks to all the people who had to step away from their shopping to take a dump.

Usually I poop once every twenty-four hours. I always thought that was sufficient. Maybe I just don't get as much fiber as other people do.

Comment

[QUOTE=guywithashovel;124882

Usually I poop once every twenty-four hours. I always thought that was sufficient. Maybe I just don't get as much fiber as other people do.[/QUOTE]

I wish I only pooped once a day.

Comment

I don't see a problem with it as long as they clean up after themselves... and don't get the urge to get all artistic with their crap. X_x
                    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I'm learning a lot more about y'alls poop habits than I thought I would
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

No gallbladder. I do the best I can when I'm in public, but I'm also not going to put myself in pain just so you don't have to smell something unpleasant for a few seconds.

Comment

And I didn't ask you to. Like I said, I know people have both reasons and excuses. However, it's still unpleasant to deal with.

Comment

Just cause I got all curious I looked it up. At the very least one should poo at least 1x a day. HOWEVER it is recommended to be pooing at least 2-4x a day. One page I read said that a healthy diet would have one pooing about a half hour after getting up, once mid-day, and once right before bed.

Other posters on that page shared some of their habits and one said that they used to only poo 1x every 36 hours or so. Until they started adding in more fruits/veggies/fiber and now poos 2x a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

Me, now that my meds are going better, am a 3-4x a day person. But then I like having at least two different fruits a day and always have some sort of fiber for lunch and dinner.

Comment

A former cow-irker used to think it was height of hilarity to grace us with his unique odor. He would do his business and instead of leaving the bathroom fan on and closing the door he would turn off the fan leave the door open and adjust the thermostat to turn on the central air unit. The cold air return is literally outside the restroom door. Pretty soon his essence would be all over the building. No amounts of complaints or threats would stop this behavior.

So while he was out of the country on vacation we adjusted the duct work on the bathroom fan to exhaust directly over his desk. When he returned I brought in a big batch of my famous Snow Cone Chili. In a few days he was complaining and when it was suggested he either modify his behavior or learn to love it he pitched a fit and quit. Can't say we miss him either.
                              Now we have a closer on the door to eliminate part of the problem.

Oddly this has led to another incident two of the newer guys suggested that a scented candle be made available to help with the smell. Well OK bring in a candle. They went out at lunch together to shop for a candle. (I mean no disrespect here) It was stated by someone that while two guys shopping for scented candles doesn't make them gay, it does raise lots of questions.))))
                              Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X