Pricing on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing on Amazon

New copy of textbook directly from amazon: 120 dollars (in stock)
    Used copy of textbook from third party moron: 500 dollars
    I actually came across one of my textbooks being sold for over 2500 dollars.

Or something costing three times as much on Amazon.ca as it does on Amazon.com, when I can order it from amazon.com

or I recently got a game called runebound and was looking into expansions for it, these expansions were packs of thirty cards that originally sold for 10 dollars and people are charging 200 bucks a piece for some of them.

Would-be entrepreneurs like to try to gouge on things that they think have low supply, without considering the actual demand level. That's nothing new. I remember people trying to charge upwards of $100 for the Legends (multi-color uniques) from the original Legends set shortly after the set exited the market (but was still part of the official tournament rotation). Never mind that the Legends typically weren't game-breakingly powerful, compared to things like Moxes.

If you're still looking for the Runebound stuff, you can find them at reasonable prices (below MSRP) using Google Shopping Search.

Comment

That's not actually Amazon charging - that's their marketplace being used by optimists, or by people who catch those who really should look further afield for their needs than the first shopping result.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
        That's not actually Amazon charging - that's their marketplace being used by optimists, or by people who catch those who really should look further afield for their needs than the first shopping result.
        Emphasis added. You misspelled "opportunists."

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
          Would-be entrepreneurs like to try to gouge on things that they think have low supply, without considering the actual demand level. That's nothing new. I remember people trying to charge upwards of $100 for the Legends (multi-color uniques) from the original Legends set shortly after the set exited the market (but was still part of the official tournament rotation). Never mind that the Legends typically weren't game-breakingly powerful, compared to things like Moxes.

If you're still looking for the Runebound stuff, you can find them at reasonable prices (below MSRP) using Google Shopping Search.
          I assume you're referring to the Legends set of Magic? That was actually the one that caused me to get out of Magic. No they weren't hugely overpowering but they were pretty nice. Never got any because I couldn't find the bloody cards.

Comment

Amazon's marketplace can be crazy. Usually I go over to Alibris for used books I'm wanting, and the marketplace there tends to be reasonable. I'm not sure why that is, or even if it's common or if I've just been lucky, but there you go.

I wanted the books of All Dogs Go to Heaven and The Brave Little Toaster. Both were over $100 on Amazon's marketplace and under $40 on Alibris. I also wanted a copy of Finn Family Moomintroll with a certain cover that I liked from the mid-80s. It was around $65 dollars on Amazon and $2.99 on Alibris. Keep in mind that Finn Family Moomintroll is in print, unlike the first two, it's just the cover and I think the page headers that are different. Maybe a different translation, but still.
            "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
            We are contented, because he says we are
            He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
              I assume you're referring to the Legends set of Magic? That was actually the one that caused me to get out of Magic. No they weren't hugely overpowering but they were pretty nice. Never got any because I couldn't find the bloody cards.
              Yes, sorry. Somehow, I thought I'd mentioned Magic: The Gathering at some point in there.

It was Ice Age that made me get fed up and quit Magic. So much Red Weenie and Red Burn going on, I just got tired of playing against the same three decks.

Comment

Working...
              X